Friday, July 28, 2006

Ruminator Beginnings

Greeting and Saluations Fellow Ruminators...and you know who you are.

My stubble faced friend...Richard...has encouraged me to venture out into the land of blogging. I am so use to the format of Rambling via the e-mail list...that I a little uncomfortable. I love my comfort zone.

For those who don't know what the Ruminator Ramblings is all about...let me give you a thumbnail sketch.

The Ramblings are an extension of a Sunday School Class that I teach. We are called the RUMINATORS...because like a ruminant...we chew on the cud of the Word of God and meditate on it. The springboard for the class was the session we did with the TOPICAL MEMORY SYSTEM where we memorized 60 verses and studied the surrounding context. One verse was Joshua 1:8

"This book of the law shall not depart from your MOUTH...but you shall MEDITATE (haw-gaw) on it day and night so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous and then you will have success." The word for meditate means to mutter under you breath...in your mouth as you contemplate the Word. The Latin word is ruminate...which relates to the way a ruminant (cow, sheep, etc) chews grass...forms a cud...after it has passed through 4 chambers of the stomach...and then look as if they are contemplating life as the slowly chew the cud. We do the same thing with the Word of God....thus was born the Ruminators. Our battle cry is a loud mmmmoooooooooooooo as we mooooooooove in the Spirit.

Check back for Ramblings as we add them whenever the escape from the stall.

Love and Blogged Kisses
Rod "Mooin' and a Chewin'" Boyd

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!
looking forward to ruminating on many a wonderful blog

.flint

8:06 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Nice... Very nice. I think you're gonna be a great addition to the blogosphere, Elderodo. Much, much love - Ricardo El Magnifico...

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Rodney,
I actually made it here...
Very Cool, that really showed my age didn't it. Well I'm not sure I'll do this correctly, but hope you get this.
MiMi

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home