Thursday, January 03, 2008

I AM GRUMBLER

Greetings fellow travellers...how's your mouth? In the south...we have certain Southernisms that we say without thinking. When we go to an eatery...when the waitress asks us what we want to drink...we automatically ask for SWEET TEA. If you go up to Pittsburgh and ask for sweet tea...the waitress will give you a look and then inform you that you are not down south. If you want sweet tea... then sweeten it yourself. Another thing we do...is when we say something (either on purpose or by mistake)...we will drawl out..."Well...hush my mouth."

The other day I went to see the new Will Smith movie I AM LEGEND. Old time readers of the Ruminator Ramblings will remember a series that I did about CHRISTIAN VAMPIRES AND ZOMBIES...and the things that correlated with the movie THE LAST MAN ON EARTH...that we can use to combat the old nature/flesh in our lives as...the old man rises up again to recapture us.

The movie I AM LEGEND is based on a book by Richard Matheson (whose stories were featured on the Twilight Zone). The first movie was with Vincent Price called THE LAST MAN ON EARTH...the next remake was with Charlton Heston called THE OMEGA MAN...and now the Fresh Prince of Belaire...Will Smith is in I AM LEGEND.

I said all of that to say this...I...Rodney Boyd...am starring in a new movie...soon to be released to all churches....called...I AM GRUMBLER.

It's the story of a man...who was delivered from the DOMAIN OF DARKNESS...and transferred to the KINGDOM OF HIS BELOVED SON (Colossians 1:13). It's the story of a NEW CREATION IN CHRIST...whose OLD THINGS have passed away...and NEW THINGS HAVE COME. ( II Corinthians 5:17). It's the story of a man who was SET FREE...but has allowed the YOKE OF SLAVERY to take hold again. It's the story of a man who had all the spiritual blessings at his disposal...but was LAID LOW IN THE WILDERNESS and let TEMPTATION OVERTAKE him. (I Corinthians 10:1-14) It's a story of the world, the flesh, and the devil...as our HERO...fights back the DEEDS OF THE FLESH. His main downfall...
he is MURMURER...A GRUMBLER...A COMPLAINER. As a result he opened up the door for the DESTROYER (I Corinthians 10:10)

All is NOT lost...our hero is standing, putting up a fight...and implementing the blood of Jesus, the light, garlic (offensive to the flesh), and the cross...and mirrors...and is one by one...putting to death the old things that rise up...as he practices what Paul taught...to crucify the flesh and die to self daily. (Galatians 2:20/I Corinthians 15:31)

Hopefully...the struggles of our hero...will be an example for us to follow. (I Corinthians 10:6,11)

Notice the Zombie arm that is reaching in to grab Vincent Price. For our purposes...let's put a name on that arm reaching out to grab you...as GRUMBLING.

I am writing this...because...I find myself...mouthing my way into an early grave. I grumble, complain, gripe, grouse, murmur, etc. I do this grumbling to God, other people, my wife, myself...and usually anyone in earshot that shows any interest in my mouth. Never mind...that it offends God and violates the principles of life and death in my mouth. Joyce Myer has a great book entitled... ME AND MY BIG MOUTH (The Problem Is Under Your Nose).

The Bible is filled with warnings about this Zombie. One such warning is found in Jude 1:16 (There is only one chapter in Jude...so you could say Jude 16).

"These GRUMBLERS, finding FAULT, following after their OWN LUSTS; the SPEAK ARROGANTLY, FLATTERING people for the sake of GAINING AN ADVANTAGE."

I looked at 13 various translations and broke down the various words used to describe aspects of these types of people. As I read these words...it is like using a mirror (used in the movies to reveal and repulse the creatures...as they see who they really are). The Word of God is described as a mirror (James 1:23-25)

JUDE 1:16 BREAKDOWN

1. Grumblers, complainers, murmurers, trouble makers

2. Finding fault, find fault, complainers, full of complaint, ever bemoaning their lot

3. Following after their own lusts, desires, walking after their own lusts, ever desiring change, going after evil pleasures, lives guided by evil passions

4. They speak arrogantly, say arrogant things, their mouths speaketh great swelling words, speak proud things, and their mouth doth speak great swellings

At this point...I begin to rationalize my GRUMBLING...by reasoning out that...I am only speaking the truth...I am only telling it like it is....I am right and the ones that I am talking about are wrong.
That does not negate the fact that the responsibility for what I speak...is mine. What can I do to combat this old nature and flesh that is manifesting itself ON MY LIPS? I'm glad you asked.

Of course the blood of Jesus, the Cross, the Word of God, the Holy Spirit, the breath of death to some, the breath of life to others...Galatians 2:20/Colossians 3:1-4/Colossians 1:27./Romans 6:1-14/Galatians 5 and 6...etc.

One of the BEST DEFENSES against the ZOMBIE OF GRUMBLING is found in the book of
PRO-VERBS (that would be PRO=POSITIVE....VERBS=ACTION). I have to take POSITIVE ACTION against the flesh. If I do NOTHING...the FLESH will run rampant.

PROVERBS 30:32,33

THE PROBLEM: If you have been FOOLISH in EXALTING YOURSELF...or if you have PLOTTED EVIL
THE SOLUTION: PUT YOUR HAND ON YOUR MOUTH (the sight of the release of the grumbling...which is really in the heart)
CAUSE AND EFFECT: For the CHURNING of milk PRODUCES butter...and the PRESSING of the nose BRINGS FORTH blood
COMPARISON: So the CHURNING of ANGER..PRODUCES...STRIFE

The MOUTH...is the ...CHURN
The ANGER/COMPLAINING is the milk
The CHURNING in THE MOUTH...is the talking
The END RESULT produced...is STRIFE.

Lord...I have a change of heart, mind, direction, attitude, and action...of my GRUMBLING. I ask for forgiveness for SPEAKING MY MIND...versus SPEAKING YOU MIND. Thank you for your blood and the ability to identify with dying on the cross with you and the ability to choose to die to myself daily. In the name of Jesus...Amen (so be it).

Love and Non-Grumbling Kisses
Rodney "Well Hush My Mouth" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home