Friday, February 01, 2008

TOP TEN REASONS THAT IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY...IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!

Greetings and Salutations to all who know that IT'S ALL ABOUT ME...and to those who are yet to have that revelation. Over the past few years I have written many TOP TEN LISTS. They have been about THE TOP TEN REASONS: It's O.K. For Me To Cuss....I Don't Have To Read The Bible...I Don't Need To Tithe...and multiple others. Of course the #1 reason of all of the TOP TEN LISTS...is IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY...IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

In this upcoming season of lent...where we are suppose to be introspective about our lives...and let the Lord deal with specific areas of our lives...in the spirit of Fat Tuesday...I would like to list...THE TOP TEN REASONS THAT IT IS ALL ABOUT ME BABY...IT'S ALL ABOUT ME. Then for the next 40 days of introspection...I can focus on why it's not about me.

Sooooooooooooooooooo...without further adue...adew...udo...here are the TOP TEN REASONS THAT IT IS ALL ABOUT ME BABY...IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

#10 When I look in a mirror...there ain't nobody else looking back at ME but me...and in the words of Muhammed Ali..."I'm A Pretty Man!"

# 9 Reports from Canada...from my friend Red...aka The Sweet Canadian Mist..
I (that would be me)...am cute...thus the name...Cute Little Rodney (C.L.R.)

# 8 I have been married to a goddess for 36 years...NUFF SAID!

# 7 Very important business men from various countries...contact ME by
e-mail on a regular basis and request for ME to help them transfer funds to America.

# 6 After tasting some of my deep fried...cajun injected...turkey...people have told me...when they think of turkey...the think about ME.

# 5 I (capital I)...am a chick magnet. I try to disguise myself as one of the Blues Brothers...and I still attract the Blond Bombshells.

# 4 Brenda and Phillip love to hear me speak forth my puns...like...when we are driving down the road...and there is an exit sign that says ARNO ROAD 1 MILE.
Everytime we go by...I tell them that we better not get off at that exit...because there ARE NO ROAD. They never get tired of ME saying it.

# 3 I gave up years ago with those self-help courses. Why mess with perfection?

# 2 I looked up the word perfection in the dictionary...and saw a picture of MYSELF. Synonyms that were listed...Rod, Rodster, The Rodenator, Elderodo, Mr. Boyd, etc.

AND THE # 1 REASON THAT IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY"

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY...IT'S ALL ABOUT ME. Excuse me while I sing MY OWN praises...let me tune up first...ME, ME, ME....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....I may need to have an attitude adjustment. If only I had someone who can look to as an example. Who could that be???????????

"Have this ATTITUDE in yourselves which was also in CHRIST JESUS, who although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but EMPTIED HIMSELF, taking the form of a BOND-SERVANT, and being made in the likeness of men. And being found in apperance as a man...He HUMBLED HIMSELF by becoing obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross."
(Philipians 2:5-8)


"You younger men, likewise, be subject to your eldrs; and ALL of you, CLOTHE YOURSELVES WITH HUMILITY toward one another...for God is OPPOSED TO THE PROUD...but gives GRACE TO THE HUMBLE. Humble yourselves therefore, under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time..." (I Peter 5:5,6)

"For through the grace given to me I say to EVERY MAN among you NOT TO THINK MORE HIGHLY OF HIMSELF THAN HE OUGHT TO THINK; but to think so as to have sound judgment, as God has allotted to each a measure of faith." (Romans 12:3)

In the WHEEL ILLUSTRATION....the hub of the wheel...the center place...the thing that everything revolves around is CHRIST THE CENTER. My world no longer revolves around ME...but around JESUS.

Love and Non-Self Centered Kisses
Rodney "IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM BABY" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home