Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's Da MUtter?

Hello fellow mutterers. What's that you say? I didn't quiet understand you.
Speak a little louder please. It's the matter of the mutter for my sister and my brutter.

MUTTER (verb)

1. To utter sounds or words indistinctly or with a low voice and with the lips partly closed.

2. To murmur complainingly or angrily

GRUMBLE

1. To mutter in discontent

2. Growl, rumble

Grumble...complain...gripe...mutter...curse...murder. What do all of these words have in common? The MOUTH...and the HEART.


You have heard me mention before the example that we use in the Ruminator Sunday School Class... of shaking a cup of coffee. We usually will pull out his example with a new student. Shake a cup of coffee until coffee comes spilling out of the cup. Ask the question...why did coffee come out of the cup. Usually they will say...be cause you shook my cup. Then we say that NO...coffee came out of the cup...because that is what was IN THE CUP. The shaking only revealed what was inside.

If you find yourself...constantly agitated about a circumstance, situation, certain people who do not live up to your standard...and you find that attitude leaking out of your mouth...ask yourself...Self... why is venom coming out of my mouth. The answer is NOT...because that circumstance, situation, certain person not living up to my standard agitated me. The answer is...venom came out of your mouth...because...that is what was inside.

Jesus put his finger on the situation when he said...

"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree IS RECOGNIZED BY ITS FRUIT. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? FOR OUT OF THE OVERFLOW OF THE HEART...THE MOUTH SPEAKS. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him...and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by our words you will be acquitted, and by your WORDS you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:33-37)

What I am wondering...is...what do I have in my storehouse. Jesus also pointed out...

"Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. What goes into a man's mouth does not make him unclean...but what COMES OUT OF HIS MOUTH...that is what makes him unclean." (Matthew 15:11)

I am wondering...if someone tape recorded my grumbling...my muttering...my griping...my complaining...my gossiping..my murdering...and played it back for me...would I be pleased or disappointed? Even more than that...if someone played it back for my Father...would I see a look of pleasure on his face...of disappointment?

"Do not let (allow it to happen) any unwholesome talk/words come out of your mouths...but only what is helpful for building other up according to their needs...that it may benefit THOSE WHO LISTEN." (Ephesians 4:29)

I'm asking myself...am I building up...or tearing down? I'm asking myself...am I benefiting for the need of the moment...or am I satisfying an inner desire to put down someone? I'm asking myself...do I realize that my NEGATIVE WORDS...are being listened to someone...who needs a POSITIVE WORD for the moment.?

Paul continues on in Ephesians 4...that we should not GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD. This takes place every time I let out my filled heart in the form of muttering and complaining, griping, and little negative side comments. He then instructs us to GET RID OF ALL
(1) bitterness (2) rage (3) anger (4) brawling (5) anger (6) brawling (7) slander (8) along with every form of malice. (Ephesians 4:30-31)

What is the standard for our SPEECH? "Be kind and compassionate to one another (the listeners), forgiving each other...JUST AS IN CHRIST...GOD FORGAVE YOU."
(Ephesians 4:32)

"If you have played the fool and exalted yourself...or if you have planned evil...CLAP YOUR HAND OVER YOUR MOUTH! For as the churning the milk PRODUCES butter...and the twisting the nose PRODUCES blood...SO...stirring up anger...PRODUCES STRIFE."

The mouth is our CHURN. Our heart stores the materials that we will use in our churn. When we mutter...we pump the agitator up and down...and produce whatever is in that churn.

This is the CAUSE AND EFFECT PRINCIPLE. How do I stop the production of my SOUR cream? CLAP MY HAND OVER my MOUTH. Take control of my words. Take control of my attitude.

"The TONGUE has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit." (Proverbs 18:21)

"With the TONGUE we PRAISE our Lord and Father...and with it (the tongue) we CURSE men...who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the SAME MOUTH come PRAISE and CURSING. My brothers...this SHOULD NOT BE. Can both FRESH WATER...and SALT/BITTER WATER flow from the SAME SPRING? My brothers...can a fig tree bear olives...or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a SALT SPRING PRODUCE FRESH WATER." (James 3:9-12)

I'm asking myself....Self...what fruit am I eating. Is my spring a SALT SPRING or a FRESH SPRING.

FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'm the only human being with this problem. Oh...by the way...What's Da MUtter?

Love and Non-Muttering Kisses
Rodney "Rasafrazing" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger KT Gilbert said...

Did you really have to send this post to my email today?! You just messed up my grumbling, complaining attitude this morning :) Ok... ask forgiveness... get my heart right.

thanks for teaching. always good to be reminded

KT

6:03 AM  
Blogger jeje said...

yeezy
jordan 12
longchamp
yeezy shoes
ultra boost 3.0
nike dunk low
yeezy boost 350 v2
vans shoes
longchamp bags
jordan shoes

6:44 PM  
Blogger jeje said...

adidas ultra boost
yeezy boost
hermes bag
michael kors outlet
pandora jewelry
nike air force 1
yeezy
prada sunglasses
kobe 9
lebron shoes

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home