Thursday, April 24, 2014

GOT FAITH? HAVE IT...CONSTANTLY!!!

THIS RUMINATOR RAMBLING IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY A RECENT FACEBOOK POST ABOUT FAITH.
Greetings O Ye men and wo-men of the assurance (the confirmation, the tittle-deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality--faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses....aka FAITH. (Hebrews 11:1 The Amplified Bible) 
This thing called FAITH is not some magic formula or cosmic power that we bring ...out like bring out the big guns when we are in trouble or want something. We are not called to be intermittent in our faith...but the righteous (those in Christ...and are now the righteousness of God in Christ) shall LIVE BY FAITH. This thing is for the long haul...it is s LIFESTYLE as we LIVE BY FAITH (Romans 1:17; II Corinthians 5:21)
We LIVE this thing called LIFE 365/24/7. Every year...every month...every hour... every minute...is to be LIVED...and LIVED...by FAITH. In LIFE...we experience good things, bad things, and ugly things interwoven throughout our experiences... but one thing does not change...LIVING BY FAITH.
I like the way The Amplified Bible puts it as Jesus goes into a teaching mode (in the context of Him teaching about prayer using a cursed fig tree as an example)...
"And Jesus replying said to them, HAVE FAITH IN GOD...(CONSTANTLY)." (Mark 11:22)
In a world that say, "The only thing CONSTANT is death and taxes"...I need to add in one other thing...FAITH. To HAVE or NOT TO HAVE...that is the question. The answer concerning FAITH IN GOD...and have it CONSTANTLY.



"Have Faith in God...constantly." (Jesus)
 In a post on my F.B. page I wrote a little not about constant faith. On this group page of mooers and chewers and doers...I encourage you to LIVE BY FAITH...and NOT BY SIGHT. (II Corinthians 5:7)
Yesterday...my day started of with a drive to Nashville for a doctor's appointment...that was O.K. but not stellar. I went from there back to Murfreesboro...in a funk...to Revolution Chiropractics which was good. I then headed out to Woodbury to see a patient and had a good session. My day was PLANNED OUT BY ME...and things were beginning to go fairly well. Got in my car...started it up...and headed down the old country road in the middle of nowhere...and my car started making a clattering noise...and I stopped and ended up on the side of the road. BAM!!!!! My day was like a roller coaster...that was emulated by my emotional state of mind. I got out my cell phone to call TRIPLE AAA....and up in the left hand corner were the words NO SERVICE. It was not even searching...just NO SERVICE. A perfect glitch into a non-perfect day.
I then called the SPIRITUAL TRIPLE AAA...The Father, The Son, and The Holy Ghost....where there is always service with 5 bars.
I looked down...and now I had service on my cell phone...was able to call TRIPLE AAA...for a tow truck. As soon as I got off of the phone with TRIPLE AAA...and immediately the service went out again and would not come back on.
"Have faith God...constantly"...when you have service on your phone and when you have NO service on your phone. When I got into the tow truck to ride to Gold Street I told the tow truck driver my phone story...and he loudly said (in a good old country boy accent)....NOW THAT'S GOD!!! Of course this speaks to me of how my FAITH is like a roller coaster...ebbing and flowing...in and out...when things are going good...but not as things are going bad. Well...things did not necessarily get better...but my attitude sure did. Physically...a large headache developed...and things did not get better as I went back to seeing patients in a loaner truck...and other things are still pending...BUT CONSTANT FAITH continues.
I hope you are having a good day...BUT if not...remember that God is constant...and as you put your faith in God constantly..."...all things (the good, bad, an ugly work together for good to them that love the Lord (that would be you) and are CALLED according to His PURPOSE." (Romans 8:28) How does it feel to be (1) foreknown (2) predestined (3) and being conformed to the image of His son...as you go through ALL THINGS? (Romans 8:29)
This thing called FAITH...is something that comes by hearing...and hearing by the Word of God. (Romans 10:17)  As this thing called FAITH comes...the people that receive this FAITH now have a MEASURE OF FAITH. (Romans 12:3)  Faith can be little. (Luke 12:28; Matthew 14:31) Faith can be great. (Matthew 8:10) Faith can be weak. (Romans 4:19)  You can be strong in faith. (Romans 4:20)  Faith can grow. (II Thessalonians 1:3)  You can be full of faith. (Acts 6:5) Your faith can be rich. (James 2:5)  Your faith can be fake (feigned) or real (unfeigned). (I Timothy 15) Your faith can either be shipwrecked or held onto. (I Timothy 1:19)
FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY
Sometimes we wonder why our faith fluctuates.  We wonder why at times we are on top of the world and other times we are being buried in the valley.  We wonder why our faith is like a roller coaster with high anticipation and then like our heart in our throats as we descend and hit every curve on the track.  F.F. Bosworth...who wrote the classic book on healing called CHRIST THE HEALER has some great insight.


"Most Christians feed their body three hot meals a day and their spirit one cold snack a week.  And they wonder why they're so WEAK IN FAITH."  (F.F. Bosworth)

Love and Faithful Kisses
Rodney "Walk By Faith and Not By Sight" Boyd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home