Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Mooin' and a Chewin'

Greetings fellow Grazers....how's your cud?

For us...the Word of God is the tender shoots of grass that we chew...swallow...bring back up through the four chambers of our stomachs...into our mouth as a newly formed cud. We then proceed to stand out in the green pastures...and begin to chew away with a contemplative look on or faces as we ruminate...meditate...haw-gaw the Word of God. The question is...WHY? There are a lot of other things that I can contemplate...that may have more meaning to my life in the here and now versus the sweet bye and bye.

Here's a few reasons to Moo and Chew:

1. Keeping Pure: "How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Thy Word...Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against Thee." (Psalm 119: 9, 11). My friend Josh Titus memorized this scriputure a while back..and it has proven to be true.

2. Faith Magnet: "Faith COMES by hearing...and hearing by the Word of God." (Romans 10:17). I need FAITH. Without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6)...and I want to be a God pleaser. Faith is tied to the way I walk in this fallen world...because I walk by faith not by sight (II Corinthians 5:7). As a justified man (just-as-if-I'd never sinned) I live...have a lifestyle...by faith. (Romans 1:17/Habakkuk 2:4/Galatians 3:11/Hebrews 10:38) I need faith to come...and it comes by me hearing...and hearing by THE WORD OF GOD.

3. Divine Surgery: I need to have the Master Surgeon cut out the cancer of sin in my life...and the only way that can happen is by the Word of God.

"For the Word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as foar as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

4. Adequate Equipping: I've got to be a man of God is up to the task...and be adequate in the sense that I have what I need to do the job. I've got good works that I need to be doing...and I can't do it unless the Word of God is in my life. "All Scripture is inspired (God-breathed) by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; that the man of God (that would be me...you...and the woman of God)...may be adequate, equipped for every good work." (II Timothy 3:16,17)

Hmmmmm....I need to get back to grazing...cow about you?

Love and Grassy Kisses
Rodney "Mooing and a Chewing" Boyd Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home