Wednesday, December 06, 2006

THE RIGHT STUFF

Greeting and Salutations Oh Ye Cud Chewers,

I have mention before in past Ramblings...how my Dad would be trying to get his point across...and he would end his reasonings with the phrase... "Am I RIGHT or wrong?" He was trying to underscore the fact that he was RIGHT...and I was wrong. Of course being the teenager that I was...I would respond emphatically..."WRONG!!!!!" Ronnie Dove...singer in the 60's with songs like Kiss Away...had one of my favorite songs...RIGHT OR WRONG. Dat's Right!

In my Christian walk...I try to be in the RIGHT versus being in the WRONG. As a teacher I like to break things down into nice, teachable formulas...realizing that in reality the formula may be reversed, out of order...or even not valid. With that in mind...here's how I see the RIGHT PRINCIPLE.

God speaks......faith comes....I hear. Once I hear the word...and my mind becomes renewed by the washing of the water of the Word...I begin to THINK RIGHT....I then begin to SPEAK RIGHT....that brings me to the point of DOING RIGHT. To me this is my faith in ACTION. I may be naive...but I would rather be walking in the right than the wrong. My brother in the Lord...Vance Akin the III...once responded to someone who told him that he was crazy because of his faith in the Lord. Vance responded..."I would rather be CRAZY the way I am...than SANE the way you are."

This goes in line with UNRESTRAINED THOUGHTS (what we think)....produces UNRESTRAINED WORDS (what we say)...resulting in UNRESTRAINED ACTIONS (what we do). Hmmm ....right thoughts...right words....right actions. I like it!!!

Lord...help me restrain the wrong...and release the right in my life.

Love and Right Kisses
Rod "Am I Right Or Wrong" Boyd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home