Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Davidic Vocal Warmup Exercise

Greetings and Salutations all of you ME people. In the past...The Rumiantor Ramblings has listed the Top Ten Reasons....(fill in the blank). At the end...the number one reason is IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY...IT'S ALL ABOUT ME. Of course the Top Ten Reasons are tongue in cheek about the fact that it is really All about HIM (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) versus ME. The ME concept is usually viewed in the negative...but today...I want to look at the postive me (little m).
King David...the Psalmist...man after God's own heart...the mighty warrior...was also a SINNER. In the book of Psalms...there are 7 Psalms that are known as the PENITENTIAL PSALMS (Psalms of Repentance). These are good guidelines to use when you have a need to repent...have a change of heart, mind, attitude, direnction as you think differently or afterwards so as to change. Repentance is not just being sorry. Many people are remorseful...that they got caught...that they are reaping what they sowed...that they are expereincing cause and effect in a negative way...that they are having to pay the price for their sin. Remorse without Repentance is called
Re-paris (named after a certian heiress who is having to pay for her crimes...but not showing true repentance).

You know the story (Read II Samuel chapters 11 and 12 for details). Psalm 51 and 32 are Penetential Psalms that outlines David's heart and method of Repentance. NOTE: Some say that Psalm 51 was written first and that Psalm 32 was the followup Psalm. Both outline the heart of David for Restoration.


The Ruminator Sunday School Class is going through the First Epistle of John on Sunday mornings...and we spent the past few session on sin and how to repent. You can go to: firstepistleofjohn.blogspot.com to see full details on Psalm 51...but in the meantime...I was struck by what David desired for himself...ME. In Psalm 51 he outlines his sin and the nature of the sin...what he knows is the solution for his sin...but starting at Psalm 51:7-14...David begins to do: DAVIDIC VOCAL WARMUP EXERCISES. As I was reading this passage...I noted that David began to use the word ME/MY over and over and over again. I began to say the word me me me me me...and it reminded me of warm up exercises to get the vocal folds/cords ready for singing...and that David...in his act of repentance was warming up to enter back into praise and worship. Let's check out some of the POSITIVE ME's that we...or at least I desire and need in MY life.

1. Purify ME with hyssop...and I shall be clean. (Psalm 51:7) I need to be cleansed...purged...purified...I need to be clean.

2. Wash ME...and I shall be whiter than snow. (Psalm 51:7) There is something about taking dirty, stinky, stained clothes...and washing them to where there are fresh and clean. It's like sliding into bed with newly washed sheets.

3. Make ME to hear joy and gladness. (Psalm 51:8) I need good news...not bad news. I want to tune into WGOD not more CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, FOX, CNN, newspapers, etc...that focus' on the bad. Lord make me hear joy and gladness.

4. Let the bones (MY bones) which Thou has broken rejoice.
(Psalm 51:8) Lord...let the healing begin.

5. Hide Thy face from MY sins. (Psalm 51:9) There is nothing worse than seeing a parents look of hurt and disappointment at what we have done wrong.

6. An blot out all MY iniquities. (Psalm 51:9). To blot means to stroke, rub, erase, smooth as with oil. It also means that you transfer a stain to another piece of material...lifting the stain from the carpet...much like Jesus lifted the stain...transferred from us to Him.

7. Create in ME a clean heart O God. (Psalm 51:10). Speak into existence something new in ME. This is an inside out job...that only God can get His hands on. If I tried to create a new heart...I would have to surgically open my self up and then rig it with manmade things. Only God can do a successful heart transplant.

8. Renew in ME a steadfast spirit (little s...human spirit). (Psalm 51:10) When I am in sin...I have an UNSTEADY spirit...easily affected.

9. Do not cast ME away from Thy presence. (Psalm 51:11) According to Acts 3:19...when we (a) repent (b) return...then our sins are wiped away. There reason for this wiping away is..."in order" that TIMES OF REFRESHING may com from the PRESENCE OF THE LORD. David needed to be refreshed...and so do I...and so do YOU.

10. And do not take Thy Holy Spirit away from ME. (Psalm 51:11). In John 14:16 we see that the Holy Spirit is known as HELPER...paraclete... one called along side to help. I don't know about you...but I need help.

11. Restore to ME the joy of Thy salvation. (Psalm 51:12) Not just the salvation (that is wonderful)...but the benefits of that salvation...which is JOY. I look around and I see a world full of angst...sadness...anxiety... grief...depression...but one of the fruit of the Spirit...is this thing that is called joy. This is part of the kingdom of God...righteousness...peace... and joy in the Holy Ghost. God is in the RESTORATION business.

12. And sustain ME with a willing (free/open) spirit. (Psalm 51:12). When we have a free, open, willing human spirit to the things of God...we can be sustained. It's when we close ourself to God...we begin to worship ourselves...and loose our sustaining power.

13. Deliver ME from bloodguiltiness Oh God, Thou God of my salvation.
(Psalm 51:12) Guilt...is a tool that satan (little s) uses to condemn us and to keep us down. The Holy Spirit convicts...not condemns us. One lifts us up...and the other keeps us down. God is able to deliver us from our past...establish us in the now...and open the door to our future.

The Psalm ends with David knowing that God does not desire sacrifices of our own making out of prideful hearts...but the sacrifices that God desires are: (a) a broken spirit (of our own ways) (b) a broken and contrite heart. God does not despise this attitude. The He is ready to accept our sacrifices...not necessarily of bulls and goats...but the true sacrifice for our sins...JESUS CHRIST.

Well...there you go...the time when is about ME...me, me, me me...because it makes me sing about Hymn, Him, Hymn, Him.

Love and Selfless Kisses
Rodney "Me" Boyd

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

2:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://hairtyson.com]online Phen375[/url] are tablets that supporter slacken up on confederation weight. One of these tabs has to be enchanted with fizzy water be illogical, round 20 minutes already a meal, twice a day.

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
hydroxycitric acid hca and garcinia cambogia[/url] is the superior obese burning extract available in vend contemporarily a days. Lose upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home