Friday, April 25, 2008

HAND TO THE PLOW

Hello fellow CULTIVATORS. How's your fields?

In Psalm 37...in the face of evildoers and wrongdoers...who look like they are getting away with murder...while we can't catch a break while we are doing the right thing...we are called to..."Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land... and CULTIVATE FAITHFULNESS." (Psalm 37:3) NOTE: If you read the entire chapter and circle the verbs that we are expected to do...you will see that you do NOT have to sit back with your arms folded while the situations, circumstances of life run over you.

The world is our field...and we are called to CULTIVATE as we CELEBRATE.

CULTIVATE: (1) To prepare soil for the raising of crops; to loosen or break up the soil. (2) to foster the growth of; to improve by labor, care or study.

TILLAGE: Preparing soil by digging up soil for fostering growth.

If you look at the picture in the lower left hand corner...if you look closely you will see the me with my hand to the tiller...tillaging...cultivating soil.

If you don't keep your eye on the row...if you are looking around at what is revolving around you...or if you LOOK BACK...you will be off course...with crooked rows.

Paul Clark...(see the lower right hand corner of the collage)...recorded an album called HAND TO THE PLOW. The picture of the hand to the plow...is his Grandfather's hands.

The song was a progressive...rock/jazz fused song that was...and still is a song that helps to keep me on track.

I've felt the pressures of temptation
I've heard the breathing lies of acc-u-sa-tions
I know the world can be distracting
But if I keep one foot there...I'm just acting

Well I can't think of a reason why I should look back
And I don't intend to start now
Gonna set my face like flint to Jesus and His Word
Yes, I'm keeping my HAND TO THE PLOW

I've felt the the weight of condemnation
And how the devil twists my situation
My brother, if you feel defeated
Let me remind you friend that you've been cheated

Well I can't think of a reason why I should LOOK BACK
And I don't intend to start now
Gonna set my face like flint to Jesus and His Word
Yes, I'm keeping my HAND TO THE PLOW

Temptations...are designed not necessarily to pull you into some gross sin (however that may be one of the outcomes)...but temptation is designed to PULL YOU AWAY FROM WHO YOUR REALLY ARE. The cultivation process is to (1) Submit yourself to God (2) Resist the devil (3) Be lifted up at the proper time.

No matter how much pressure you are to stray away from who you are in Him...no matter how many lies and accusations the enemy breathes out to you...no matter how distracted you are by the world and their swirling circumstances...no matter how much the enemy tries to condemn you for your past, present and future sins...now matter how much the enemy twists the truth...no matter how low and defeated you feel...know that YOU'VE BEEN CHEATED...SET YOUR FACE LIKE FLINT... keep your eyes ON THE WORD OF GOD...KEEP YOUR HAND ON THE PLOW.

Cultivation...is sweaty work...but the fruit of your labor...will be SWEET.

"But the humble will inherit the land, and delight themselves in abundant prosperity." (Psalm 37:11)

Love and Rock Solid Kisses
Rodney "Farmer Boy" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home