Friday, September 05, 2008

TOP TEN REASONS I DON'T PRAY

Greetings to all of you who need a PRAYER CRUTCH. I understand why YOU need PRAYER... but for MYSELF... I find that I DON'T need a crutch. Here are the TOP TEN REASONS I DON'T PRAY.

#10 Prayer is for kids, old women and FOOLS...and as is so obvious...I ain't none of these. "The FOOL has said in His heart...there is no God." (Psalm 53:1) I believe there is a God...I just don't act like it.

# 9 Prayer is a Holy crap shoot...and 9 times out of 10...I get snake eyes. I don't like the odds.

# 8 I prayed once...and nothing happened. I could have got the same results by not praying.

# 7 I got into trouble once...prayed for deliverance from the cause and effect of my deed...and still had to pay the consequence for my action. I got caught speeding and prayed that I would not get a ticket...and got one anyway. If prayer can't change my consequences...what good is it.

#6 I bought a dollar ticket for the $20 million dollar lottery...and prayed that I would win. I told God that I would tithe off the $20 million (after taxes of course)...and promised to pay off the church loan...and I STILL DID NOT WIN. Obviously...prayer does not work.



# 5 I prayed that my wife would get into BIBLICAL ORDER...and submit to my every whim. The only thing missing in the Garden of Eden in the Garden of Eden...was a kitchen. After all I am THE MAN. I am the spiritual leader...the HEIR of the Kingdom. It's almost as if my words of prayer are HINDERED. "You husbands likewise...live with your wives in an UNDERSTANDING WAY...as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman...and GRANT HER HONOR AS A FELLOW-HEIR of grace of life...SO that your PRAYERS MAY NOT BE HINDERED." (I Peter 3:7)

# 4 I don't like to leave answered prayer to four little words....like..."THY WILL BE DONE". If I'm going to pray...I'm going to pray for OTHER little words...like...ROD'S WILL BE DONE".

#3 We are told to PRAY WITHOUT CEASING. Come on...who has got that kind of time on their hands. If I was praying 24 hours a day...I would not have time to send out these time consuming blogs. You think I live in a monastery where I ain't got nuttin' but time on my hands?

# 2 If I can't KNOW that God hears me...why should I waste my time speaking to the wind?

"And this is the CONFIDENCE which we have before Him...that if we ASK ANYTHING... according to HIS WILL...He HEARS us...and if we KNOW that HE HEARS US...in whatever we ASK...we KNOW that we HAVE THE REQUESTS which we have ASKED FROM HIM."
(I John 5:14-15)


And the NUMERO UNO reason I don't pray....................

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME BABY....IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

Well...as you know...this is a tongue in cheek look about why I DO PRAY. In my practice of Speech Therapy...I make it a practice of letting ALL of my patients that I am praying for them. If they respond positively...I will ask if I can pray for them NOW. I have only had ONE PERSON turn me down for prayer in over 15 years. He told me in no uncertain terms that he was an atheist...and that he does not need my !@#$%^&*(#)&^%$ PRAYERS. After three speech sessions...I told him that I was STILL praying for him...he responded..."Thank you...I appreciated it." So much for atheism. After all...the atheist may not believe in God...but God does believe in the atheist...and sent His son to die in His place too.

FINAL THOUGHTS....FINALLY!!!

Once again...let us turn to our hymnals to page 396...and sing a rousing version of SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER...or the 2008 version for many Christians in this McDonalds fast food world...SWEET 5 MINUTES OF PRAYER.




SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER

Sweet hour of prayer...sweet hour of prayer...that calls me from a world of care
And bids me at my Father's throne...Make all my wants and wishes known
In seasons of distress and grief...my soul has often found relief
And oft escaped the tempters snare...by thy return...SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER

Sweet hour of prayer...sweet hour of prayer...the joys I feel...the bliss I share
Of those whose anxious spirits burn...with strong desires for thy return
With such I hasten to the place...where God my Saviour shows His face
And gladly take my station there...and wait for thee...SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER

Sweet hour of prayer...sweet hour of prayer...Thy wings shall my position hear
To Him whose truth and faithfulness...engage the waiting soul to bless
And since He bids me seek His face...believe His Word and trust His grace
I'll cast on Him my every care...and wait for thee SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER

Love and Prayerful Kisses
Rodney "It's All About HIM" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home