Thursday, December 25, 2008

Wha' Happen????????????

Hello friends. Tuesday...December 23rd 2008...4:30 P.M...I was finishing up my last patient... and I was walking down a long flight of steps into her garage. I reached the bottom of the steps...and stepped out to what I thought was the concrete floor...but for some reason did not realize there was ONE MORE STEP.

Have you ever...been going along...minding your own business...life is good...things are going your way...and then BOOM...the unexpected takes place? That is what happened next. Before I knew what hit me...I felt my self falling forward...and my right eye smashes into a concrete block wall... and BOOM. I was down for the count. In my arms were a bag with equipment...a notebook with therapy materials...and my portable desk with paperwork.

Before I knew what hit me...my glasses were broken...my materials scattered...and I was laying in a hovel on the cold concrete floor. Blood was everywhere and I was dazed and shaken. In an instant my life was turned upside down. Prior to the event....I was ready to drive home...put on my pajamas...eat some homemade chili...watch a little T.V...and vegetate. Instead...I drove 45 minutes to the emergency room in rush hour traffic...got six stitches in my eyebrow...and felt my body stiffening up.

Brenda came to the emergency room...I suggested to the nurses that they could record that I was in a mixed martial arts fight...and I began to think about how much worse it could have been. My patient had fallen down those steps and was not expected to live. I began to think how ALL THINGS work together for good for me...because (1) I Love God (2) I'm Called (3) I have purpose in my life (His Purpose) (Romans 8:28). As I lay there in my blood...I chose to REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS...(Philippians 4:4) I began to dwell on I Thessalonians 5:16-18 where it says to"Rejoice always...pray without ceasing...in everything GIVE THANKS for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Hey...I am down...but not out. I am still in pain...and frustrated...BUT...JESUS IS LORD. I still can't lift my arms up very high...BUT by His strips I am healed. (Isaiah 53). I like that verse where it says...Therefore...strengthen the hands that are weak and the knees that are feeble and make straight paths for your feet...so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint...BUT RATHER IT BE HEALED."
(Hebrews 12:12,13)

SIDE NOTE: I received a call from my brother Mike Gibson...who has just had back surgery. He called me with words of encouragement... and put a smile on my face. He said that he had heard that I had a hearing problem. I questioned him...a hearing problem? He said that he had heard that Brenda told me to shut up...and that I thought she had said...get up...and as soon as I did...BOOM!

I encourage you...that if you are going through something that is painful...physical, emotional, spiritual...that you turn to the WORD OF GOD...and don't give the devil (little d) an opportunity.

Love and Stitched Kisses
Rodney "Boom Boom" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home