Thursday, June 04, 2009

FOOLS WISDOM

VERSE 1
Got myself some wisdom from a leather back book Got myself a Saviour when I took a second look
I opened up the pages and what did I find
A black and white portrait of a King who's a friend of mine

NOTE: So opens the song Fool's Wisdom by Malcom and Alywn...two "Jesus Freaks" from England. In a world where there is a plethora of religious materials to read...after much searching they came to the conclusion to listen to the advice of FOOLS.

VERSE 2
Funny how when you think you're right...everybody else must be wrong
Till someone with fool's wisdom...somehow comes along
His voice was strange and the words he said...I didn't quite understand
Yet I knew that He was speaking right...by the leather back book in his hand

NOTE: In a world filled with various -isms...each with proponents of the -isms...and each with documents of their -isms...Fool's Wisdom speaks of a God who not only reaches down to mankind...but came in the flesh in the form of Jesus to become the sacrifice, substitute and propitiation (satisfaction) for us.
People who believe this purported fairy tale...are aka FOOLS.

CHORUS
Hey...Hey...what a day...Foooools Wisdom
Hey...Hey...what a day...Foooools Wisdom
Got myself some wisdom froma leather backed book
Got myself a Saviour when I took a second look.

NOTE: I have been a FOOL for 58 YEARS. For the first 19 years of my life from 1951 to 1970 I was a FOOL because I either said or acted like there was no God. "The fool has said in his heart...there is no God." (Psalm 14:1) From 1970 unitl now...I became like Paul who was a FOOL FOR CHRIST..."We are FOOLS FOR CHRIST'S sake...but you are prudent in Christ...we are weak, but you are strong, you are distinguished, but we are without honor." It's sad to say...but sometimes...I act like "there is no God." (I Corinthians 4:10) In the words of Gary S. Paxton..."I am a FOOL for Christ...tell me...whose FOOL are you." Either way...you're gonna be a FOOL.

Jesus...who was the LIVING WORD...the LIVING EXPRESSION of God on planet earth...dealt with people and their scripture interpretations...

"But the witness which I have is greater than that of John, for the works which the Father has given Me to accomplish the very works that I do, bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent Me. And the Father who sent Me to accomplish the very works that I do, bear witness of Me, that the Father has sent me.. And the Father who sent Me, He has borne witness of Me, You have neither heard His voice at any time,nor seen His form. An you do not have His word abiding in you, for you do not believe Him whom He sent. YOUR SEARCH THE SCRIPTURES, because you think that IN THEM you have eternal life; and it is these that bear witness of Me...and you are UNWILLING TO COME TO ME...that you may have life." (John 5:36-40)

There is NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN...including man's reasoning's. Paul Little who was a Christian apologist for Inter-Varsity...would hold "rap sessions" back when rap was talking in small groups. He would gather at fraternity houses...and discuss religion, Christianity and Jesus. His philosophy for sharing Jesus was..."Put the cookies on the lower shelf." Get down to the peoples level. Mr. Little found that people's reasons and excuses for not accepting the Bible or Jesus was a SMOKE SCREEN versus INTELLECTUAL DIFFERENCES. In his book KNOW WHY YOU BELIEVE, he tells of holding a session in a fraternity house...

"A student once told me I had satisfactorily answered ALL HIS QUESTIONS. 'Are you going to become a Christian?' I asked. "No"...he replied. Puzzled, I asked..."Why not?" He ADMITTED...Frankly, because IT WOULD MESS UP THE WAY I'M LIVING." He realized that the REAL ISSUE for him was not intellectual but moral." (Know Why You Believe: Is Christianity Rational Paul Little)

Little continues..."The question is often asked..."If Christianity is rational and true...why is it that most EDUCATED people don't believe it? The answer is simple. They DON'T BELIEVE it...for the same reason that most UNEDUCATED people don't believe it...THEY DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE IT. It is not a matter of brain power...for there are outstanding Christians in every field of the arts and sciences. It is primarily a matter of the WILL/CHOICE/VOLITION. John Stott struck a balance when he said...We cannot pander to a man's INTELLECTUAL ARROGANCE...but we must cater to his INTELLECTUAL INTEGRITY." (Know Why You Believe: Is Christianity Rational?)

RUMINATIN' ROD'S RECOMMENDED READIN' (For Christian Apologetics) NOTE: Not apologizing for your faith...but apologia...defending your faith.

1. Know What and Why You Believe: Paul Little

2. The Case For Fair and The Case for Christ (2 books): Lee Strobel

3. Who Moved The Stone: Frank Morrison

4. Mere Christianity: C.S. Lewis

5. Evidence That Demands a Verdict: Josh McDowell

6. Youth Aflame: Winkey Pratney

7. Jesus Outside the New Testament: F.F. Bruce

8. Renewal Theology (Volumes 1, 2, 3) J. Rodman Williams

9. God Doesn't Believe in Atheist: Ray Comfort

10. The Bible (66 books)...aka FOOL'S WISDOM...aka...MANUFACTURER'S HANDBOOK

FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY

Paul gave his testimony...King Agrippa heard Paul's defense (apologia)...and stated this..."Then King Agrippa said unto Paul...ALMOST thou PERSUADEST me to become a CHRISTIAN." (Acts 26:28 Read Acts 26 for full details).

Almost...in Christianity and Horseshoes is the same thing...close...but no cigar. You can assimilate all of the facts...but the choice is still yours... and God allows us to choose hell or heaven...life or death...blessing or curse. I am convinced that if I can talk someone into their faith...then someone can talk them out of it. Only God can change a heart...and we are called to (1) defend our faith...what we believe (I Peter 3:14,15) (2) Plant and water the seed of faith (I Corinthians 3:5,6) (3) God gives the increase (I Corinthians 3:6-9)

Love and Apologetic Kisses
Rodney "Fool For Christ" Boyd

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home