Friday, July 24, 2009

PEOPLE...NEED...THE...LORD: And So Do I

Greetings People...men...women...children...humans. Guess what...You Need the Lord.
Years ago when I went to Africa...heard a few things from the Lord. One thing was...no matter what happened...I was in God's place. I also saw the land mass of Africa from the airplane...and God kept speaking to me...that the brown, dried land was the condition of the land...the people...the world...and yes...me. It was a mixture of dried land...and lushness. I kept hearing that God's desire was to make the dry land wet. That green would overtake the brown, dried land...and the dried souls of mankind...including me.

Another thing that I could not shake throughout the trip...from before the start of the trip to now...was that...PEOPLE NEED THE LORD. I kept hearing that song...sung on a 700 Club commercial...by Dannibelle Hall...that PEOPLE NEED THE LORD. I also kept hearing Steve Green's (former lead singer for Whiteheart) version...that PEOPLE NEED THE LORD. I think that God was impressing me...that one of the things on the forefront of his heart was that...well...PEOPLE NEED THE LORD.


PEOPLE NEED THE LORD

Everyday...they pass me by
I can see it in their yes
Empty people filled with care Headed who knows where

NOTE: I see people everyday...passing them in elevators, at work, in their homes, at the malls, in the streets...people...who have needs, fears, anxieties.. who need the Lord.

On they go...through private pain
Living fear to fear
Laughter hides their silent cries
Only Jesus hears

NOTE: Oh how we try to cover up the need. We hold onto our fears, our pains, our anxiety...we hide behind laughter, sarcasm, bravado, alcohol, drugs, anger, work, success, money, good times, things... etc...hiding the NEED...but deep down inside...there is a vacuum...a hole... a void...that only the Lord can feel. There are people who are reading this right now...wondering how I know this. Because I was where you were back in 1970...just before I accepted Jesus.

PEOPLE NEED THE LORD
PEOPLE NEED THE LORD
At the end of broken dreams...He's the open door
People need the Lord, people need the Lord
When will we realize, people need the Lord.

NOTE: When we realize...they don't need religion...they don't need your denomination...they don't need your rules, regulations or condemnation when they don't measure up to your religion, rules, regulation. PEOPLE NEED THE LORD.

We are called to take His light
To a world where wrong seems right
What would be too great a cost
For sharing with one who's lost

NOTE: It all boils down to the fact that we are..."just a beggar...telling another beggar...where we found a piece of bread." (John Fischer). When we realize that it is not about us...but about the Lord...and His heartbeat is not condemnation...but salvation...then we will understand...that PEOPLE NEED THE LORD...and we just happen to be the representation of the LORD.
We are MINISTERS OF RECONCILIATION...NOT COUNTING THERE TRANSGRESSIONS AGAINST THEM...BUT RECONCILING THEM TO THE LORD...because...PEOPLE NEED THE LORD. (II Corinthians 5:17-21)

Through His Love our hearts can feel
All the grief they bear
They must hear the Words of Life
Only we can share

NOTE: We are called to preach the Word (not just the hired help from the pulpit...but YOU... as you run across PEOPLE in your daily walk...and you realize they NEED THE LORD...and you just happen to be the conduit for the LORD.

PEOPLE NEED THE LORD...PEOPLE NEED THE LORD
At the end of BROKEN DREAMS...He's the open door
PEOPLE NEED THE LORD...PEOPLE NEED THE LORD
When will we realize that WE MUST GIVE OUR LIVES
For PEOPLE...NEED...THE LORD

NOTE: Look at the people around you as GOD NEEDERS...and we can give them WHO they need...not...dirty looks...not arrogance...not condemnation...but we are called to give them who they need...THE LORD.

Love and Needy Kisses
Rodney "I Need The Lord" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,