Wednesday, June 30, 2010

TOP TEN REASON WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR SO LONG

Hello Lovebirds. Gather 'round and I will tell you a story...a Love Story. Brenda and I have been together for 41 years...we have been married for 38 years (as of July 14, 2010). Many people want to know..."What is the reason that you two lovebirds have been together for so long."

Well...after pondering this question... I have come up with THE TOP TEN REASONS WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR SO LONG.

#10 I am a stud muffin. I was walking by a construction site once and they grabbed me and nailed me into a wall...and sheet rocked over me. To find me...they had to get one of those newfangled stud finders to located me.

#9 It helps to be married to a goddess.

#8 I keep her entertained with many witty, funny, hilarious jokes. She never gets tired of me commenting on the ARNO ROAD EXIT SIGN...by saying..."Don't go down that road...there ARE NO ROAD."

#7 Brenda has practiced the Ruth Graham method that Ruth used on Billy for many years. Brenda has never thought of the word DIVORCE. She has thought of MURDER a couple of times...but not DIVORCE. NOTE: I am the HEAD of the house...but she is the NECK...and the NECK turns the HEAD...anywhere she wants it to go. NOTE: I have learned the two magic words...YES DEAR.

#6 Brenda first saw me at a band practice of the old group I was part of called THE BLIND DISTORTION For 41 years...she has hung onto the hope that one day...I will be a rich rock star. Keep Hope Alive baby...

#5 We were destined to be. In the photo collage...the pictures of us talking on the phone was a sign. RODNEY: Hello...Brenda...can I come over to play? BRENDA: Sorry...I got to go to church. DAN BOGLE: Boyd...are you trying to date a missionary. NOTE: The real story is that I tried multiple times to call her...and she was always at church...and Dan did make that comment. My plan...go to church and get me some more BRENDA TIME. Little did I know that my Brenda time would turn into JESUS TIME.

#4 It helps when you marry a PRO-VERBS 31 WOMAN. Barnabas was known as the Son of Encouragement. Brenda has always been a Barnette to me...the Wife of Encouragement. Now matter what phase I was going through (the good, the bad, the ugly)...Brenda always encouraged me.

#3 They say that opposites attract. Years ago we did a personality test...and Brenda primary personality was one of a faithful Golden Retriever...and I was a fun loving Otter. Brenda: The Carpenters...Me: Resurrection Band (music to raise the dead)

#2 Phillip Stephen Boyd...21 of those 41 years...keeps a husband and wife on their toes. If for nothing else...we have to keep our heads together to figure out this raising a child thang.

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON THAT BRENDA SUE BOYD AND RODNEY LEWIS BOYD HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 41 YEARS (38 OF THAT MARRIED)....

JESUS IS LORD
Well...there ya have it. That's my story...and I am sticking to it.
Love Story Kisses
Rodney "I Am A Blessed Man" Boyd

Labels: , ,