Saturday, May 08, 2010

THE MOTHER OF ALL DAYS

Greetings all of you mothers and all of you who have mothers (living or not living).

I know for a fact...that I have been touched and influenced by mothers all of my life. My life...if dusted for fingerprints...would find mother prints all over them. These pictures represent some of the best mothers that I have known...including my own mother (Elizabeth Boyd)...Brenda's mother (Martha Williams)...my sister in-law...(Shelby Williams)...my Aunt (Christine Meriweather)...my niece (Christy Lewellen)...and many more who in some form or fashion...influenced my life.

The pictures shown are (#1) Brenda's first Mother's Day with Phillip (#2) My Mom holding Phillip on the first day in our lives (#3) Brenda's mom holding Phillip at the hospital (#4) Me, Brenda and Phillip recently almost 20 years later (#5) Us that changed our lives forever.

Of course...my mother...had the first prints on me...as she held me in her arms at Allen Clinic (that use to be on East Main Street in Murfreesboro Tennessee). From that point on...I was known as here little baby boy.

My mom was always there for me... no matter what she was going through emotionally or physically... she was there from day one. Before I was born...she worked at Commerce Union Bank (that use to be on the corner of Church Street and East Main...but now is gone). When I was born...she chose to leave her job...and stay at home with me. She told me that it was not something that she had to do...but something that she wanted to do. She would always be there for me...as I had problems in school...as I went out for school sports...as I would have difficulties with Dad and she would act as a buffer between us. Even when Phillip came along...and her affections shifted to her wonderful grandchild...she still would consider me her little baby boy. When Brenda and I got married...she would cook for us...always having to much to eat and give us take home containers. She would always be slipping us money when we needed it...and allowed us to make our own mistakes as a newly wedded couple.

Brenda's Mom was also a joy. I could not come up with any negative mother-in-law jokes...because...she really stayed out of our business... and just supported us. She also became the best Nanny (grandmother name)...my son could have had.
When Brenda Sue Williams became Brenda Sue Boyd...my connection with the Williams clan...put me in contact with two other wonderful mothers. One was our sister-in-law Shelby Williams (wife of Brenda's Brother, Eddy). She is a strong woman...a loving mother...a devoted wife...and I consider...my friend. She is an inspiration to me. Her only daughter...Christy...our niece...of course grew up before our very eyes...and turned out to be a wonderful mother also (with son Brennan aka Bren). She carries the same traits that Shelby has...with her own personality interwoven throughout.
One thing about all of these women...including my lovely, darling, wife Brenda...is how they carry themselves in the face of trials, troubles, tribulations, joys, happy times, etc. They are NOT perfect...but they sure have encouraged me...as a son, a Father, a husband, family.
On June 10th, 2010...we will be celebrating Phillip's 21st birthday. Wow....21 years of Mother's Day celebrations. As with both of us...we started out...not knowing about how to raise a child... but together...with the "mother's instinct" helping to guide us...we raised our son together.
Lord...you gave me the "mother lode" when you put Brenda in our lives.
NOTE: Remember...I am not talking about perfection...but a process of learning the ART OF MOTHERING (and Fathering)...and from my viewpoint...Brenda has come out the other side of the process (that is still ongoing)...with proven character. Brenda Sue Boyd...to me...as a woman... as a wife...as a mother...is a Woman of God.
Phillip Stephen Boyd...has been blessed with a mother who...from the moment she held him in her arms...and got her fingerprints on him...has always, always, always been there for him.
She has been with him in every aspect of his school experience from Sunshine School...to his recent graduation at Tennessee Technology School of Murfreesboro...and will be there as he continues on in school. She was on every committee known to mankind in school from football booster to the After School Prom for Senior graduates. No matter how many times they would butt heads throughout the years (like all mothers do from time to time) ...Phillip always opens up to his momma...when he needs to talk.
I thank God...for all the mothers that have influenced my life. CSI would have a field day with their fingerprint kit on my life.


This last picture is the first day that we brought our son home from the hospital. What you see is not only a snapshot of a NEW MOTHER...but you see a snapshot of a PRO-VERBS 31 WOMAN...
"Her children rise up and bless her; Her husband also, and he praises her saying; Many daughters have done nobly...BUT...you...Brenda Boyd...mother of Phillip Boyd...EXCEL them all. Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain...BUT...a woman who fears the Lord, shall be praised."
(Pro-Verbs 31:28-30)
I have been blessed with the mother of my son...who has the charm...the beauty...AND fears the Lord. Consider this Rambling...the gate that I sit at...and tell all who will listen.
Happy Mother's Day Brenda.
Love and Proud (in a good way) Kisses
Rodney "One Father...Who Praises the Mothers" Boyd


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Wayne Belt said...

Phillip is truly a gift from God. I remember so well all the excitement and change that brought into your life! Look those photos.

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home