Saturday, August 18, 2012

THE INVISIBLE GOD...REVEALED

Greetings Friends and Neighbors...

I love the old Universal Pictures...like Frankenstein, The Wolf Man, and this one...THE INVISIBLE MAN.  I remember my mom and dad...would make me a tent out of a card table and a blanket...and set it in the den...where the T.V. was...and on Friday nights...I would watch SHOCK THEATER (later called THE MYSTIC CIRCLE)...and watch these old scary movies.  I loved James Whales' classic movie of the H.G. Wells book THE INVISIBLE MAN.  Oh to be invisible...but of course...the end result was insanity from the combination of the drugs that made him invisible...and the power and burden of his conquests.

Sometimes I wish that I could get by in this world by flying under the radar in a cloak of invisibility...especially with my sins...where no one can see how I really am.


This thing called faith is sometimes defined as "believing in something that you can't see."  Others take that a step further and say that this thing called faith is..."believing in something that is not real."  Christians are called fools, simpletons, intellectually defunct, because we believe in something or someone that we don't see...so that must mean that we are irrational.  They say that reality is the only thing that makes any sense...because they see and understand...and are able to explain things by a microscope.


I beg to differ...I cannot see the air that I breathe...but that does not stop me from taking a breath and live.  I can't see the wind blow...but I can see the effect of that blowing wind against my skin or in the movement of the trees or wind chimes swinging and tinkling in the breeze.  In Billy Grahams message...MAN IN THE FIFTH DIMENSION...you can't see a mother's love...but you can't deny the existence.  Noel Paul Stookey (of Peter, Paul and Mary) in his song MIRACLES...states "Now a scientist may tell you how night turns to day...but he can never take the wonder away." (Miracles by Noel Paul Stookey)  I have no clue how electricity works...how somehow power is generated...and sent from somewhere into my home...but I do flip the switch and enjoy the benefits.  I can't fathom this thing called the Internet...but I sure to spend an awful lot of time enjoying what I can't explain.

"Now faith is the assurance (the confirmation, the title-deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their REALITY--faith perceiving as REAL FACT...what is NOT REVEALED TO THE SENSES." (Hebrews 11:1 The Amplified Bible)

"Now unto the King of eternity, incorruptible and immortal...INVISIBLE...the only wise God...be honor and glory forever and ever--to the ages of ages...Amen--So be it." (I Timothy 1:17)

I can't see this INVISIBLE God...but He has been revealed in nature...and in Jesus.

"For the wrath of God is REVEALED from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness...because that which is known about God is EVIDENT... WITHIN them...for God has made it EVIDENT to them.  For since the creation of the world...HIS INVISIBLE ATTRIBUTES...His ETERNAL POWER...His DIVINE NATURE...have been CLEARLY SEEN...being understood through what HAS BEEN MADE...so that they are without excuse." (Romans 1:18-20)

"God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in may portions  and in many ways...in these last days has spoken to us IN HIS SON...whom He appointed heir of all tings...through whom also He made the world...and HE (Jesus) is the RADIANCE of his glory and the EXACT REPRESENTATION of HIS NATURE...and upholds all things by the WORD OF HIS POWER..." (Hebrews 1:1-3)

FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY

Just because you don't understand something...or know how something works...or can't measure something in a test tube...does not negate the reality of what is not revealed to the senses.  When you you WALK BY FAITH...AND NOT BY SIGHT (II Corinthians 5:17)...that does not mean you are blind...just that your senses are transcended by your faith and you see more clearly than you ever have before.

Love and Sightless Kisses
Rodney "Feeling The Effects" Boyd

1 Comments:

Anonymous Wayne Belt said...

Rodney thanks for the great post! God has kept it simple for us. Trust the provision He has made through His Son.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home