Thursday, September 20, 2012

ALL THE KING'S MEN: THE HUMPTY DUMPTY SYNDROME

 Greetings Beautiful People...have you been put together again?

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall...Humptey Dumpty had a great FALL...all the king's horses and all the king's men...couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back to gather again." (Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme)

I guess the YOKES on them.  Being an egg ain't all it's CRACKED up to be.  Telling jokes like this...I have to walk around some...like I'm walking on EGGSHELLS. 

Sometimes I look at my life...especially my life B.C. (Before Christ came into my life back in 1970) and there were so many things in my life messed up...it looked like SCRAMBLED EGGS... all mixed up.  Once the egg is out of the CRACKED...BROKEN SHELL...it is impossible to put it back in and the shell back together again.  This is is called the HUMPTY DUMPTY SYNDROME.

Well...all the king's horses...and all the king's men... may not be able to put things back together again...but the rider of the White Horse...the King of Kings...sure is able to put us back together again.

"Something beautiful...something good...all my confusion...He understood...all I had to offer Him was BROKENNESS and STRIFE...but He made SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL of my life." (Bill and Gloria Gathier Something Beautiful)
                                                                  
 

A rainbow in the sky...is symbolic of a covenant made by God that He would not destroy the world by flood. (Genesis 9:9-17) If you look real close in the second picture you can see under this rainbow...a weather vane...with a rooster...symbolic of the cock who crowed at the point of Peter's denial of Jesus...as prophesied by Jesus.  This was probably one of the lowest, most BROKEN places that Peter experienced as he heard the sound of the crow...and the crashing of realization that he had just denied His Lord, His Saviour, His friend. (Matthew 26:31-35; Matthew 26:58-75)

This wonderful...colorful...arc in the sky...is symbolic of the work that Jesus did on the cross..as He "hung up for our hangups."  When He was with his disciples in the last few days of his earthly life...They were celebrating the Passover (when the death angel passed over the blood covered doorposts)...and instituted what we call "The Lord's Supper." 

"For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks He

BROKE IT (the bread) and said, this is My BODY which is BROKEN for you; do this in REMEMBRANCE OF ME."

This picture me...in 1970...being dipped in obedience to the ordinance of baptism.  At that time...I was a 131 pounds of rippling bone...who was in the vernacular of the day..."a hot mess."  I was so BROKEN...that there was no way that me, my friends, Brenda or ALL THE KING'S MEN could ever put me back together again.

Looking at the picture...I remember the how I was in PIECES...scattered like a jigsaw puzzle that was knocked off into the floor...with every piece jumbled to the point of never being able to put it BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.  I was a physical wreck...with the ravages of alcohol, chemicals (including sniffing gasoline, naphta, etc) pulling me apart...affecting my soul (my mind, my will/choices/volition, and my emotions)...with the root of my BROKENESS being my disconnection with God.


Thank God for for a cute little Baptist girl...by the name of Brenda...who happen to love me (in spite of myself)...but who loved the Lord more than she loved me...and was willing to tell me the truth...that I was a sinner...who was in the need of a Savior...and then she led this BROKEN kid...into the presence of the Father, who PUT ME BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.

This last picture...is of my favorite cup.  I had another one of the same design...with the words PRAISE THE LORD on it...but if was dropped and BROKEN beyond usage.  This remaining cup...has piece missing from it...and is a constant reminder to me...of how even with this flaw...I can still see the HALLELUJAH...HALLE-JAH (Praise Yahweh).  When I think of how He put together my life...and took all the BROKEN PIECES...and PUT ME BACK TOGETHER AGAIN...I begin to do what the word PRAISE (Hallelujah) means...Halal...haw-lal...to be clear, to shine, to make a show, to boast, to be clamorously foolish, to celebrate...that what all the king's horses...and all the king's men COULD NOT DO...which is...to PUT ME BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.

FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY

God makes beautiful things our of broken pieces.

Love and Put Together Kisses
Rodney "Halal...Rave On" Boyd