Friday, September 13, 2013

SELAH: DEALING WITH TRANSGRESSION, SIN & INIQUITY

 Greetings Forgiven People,

SELAH!  When Adam and Eve chose to listen to the serpent/satan in the Garden and to disobey God (Genesis 3:1-24)...and  enter into the realm of TRANSGRESSIONS, SIN...and INIQUITY (aka T.S.I.)
 they opened the door for us all to called people who SIN...aka SINNERS.

"Therefore, just as through one man SIN entered into the world, and DEATH through SIN...and so DEATH spread/passed to all men...because ALL HAVE SINNED." (Romans 5:12)

SELAH:  selâh (seh'-law)= suspension (of music), that is, pause: - Selah.
 
NOTE:  If you don't deal with SIN...SIN will deal with you...and the ONLY way that you can deal with SIN...is BELIEVE (trust in, cling to, rely on) the work that Jesus did on the CROSS with the shedding of HIS BLOOD for the REMISSION of your SINS... in your place...that SATISFIES God (aka propitiation).
 
King David...aka the man after God's own heart...knew how to deal with TSI (transgressions, sins, and iniquities).  Even a "man after God's own heart"...had to deal with Romans 5:12.  When David lusted after another man's wife...had sex with another man's wife...had a baby with another man's wife...plotted to cover up having sex with another man's wife...plotted to kill the other man did not fit into his plan to cover up having sex with another man's wife...and then set the other man to be killed in battle...he had a lot of T.S.I going on in his life.

King David provided a template for dealing with T.S.I.)  NOTE:  If King David did not deal with T.S.I. in his life...T.S.I. would deal with him.

King David's life was in BROKEN PIECES... and he needed someone to make BEAUTIFUL THINGS out of those BROKEN PIECES...and that someone...would be GOD...later on reflected in the WORK OF JESUS ON THE CROSS.

In the FAT PART OF THE BOOK (aka The Old Testament)...David wrote two of the first blues songs in Psalm 32 and Psalm 51. 

SHOUT OUT TO WAYNE BERRY:  The New Testament Saints...did not have a New Testament divided in chapter and verse...but they had the Old Testament writings which were really in comparison New Testament writings...pointing to the New Testament Covenant with Jesus.

NOTE: I can picture David on the side of hill and plucking and bending the string on a harp or psaltery...moaning about his T.S.I.  If recorded it would be called I GOT DEM...LOW DOWN... NO GOOD...T.S.I. BLUES.


SELAH ON DEALING WITH TRANSGRESSION, SIN, INIQUITY
"Transgressions forgiven...sin covered...iniquity not imputed...no deceit in the spirit=BLESSED."

(Psalm 32:1-2) Selah!
"Keep silent about sin=body wasted away...groaning all day long...day and night the Lord's hand heavy...vitality drained away like the of the summer." (Psalm 32:3-4) Selah!

"Acknowledge sin to God...don't hide your iniquity...confess your transgressions to the Lord=Guilt of sin forgiven by the Lord." (Psalm 32:5) Selah!


The follow up to Psalm 32 is Psalm 51.  The way David deals with sin here is asking the Lord to
(1) Blot out my transgressions (2) Wash me thoroughly from my iniquities (3) Cleanse me from my sins. (4) Acknowledged that it was, "Against Thee, Thee only I have sinned and done evil in thy sight.(5) Acknowledge the root of his Romans 5:12 condition..."I was brought forth in iniquity and in sin my mother conceived me." (6) Purify me with hyssop...and I shall be clean (7)  Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow  (8) Hide Thy face from my sins (9)  Blot out all my iniquities.

NOTE:  Some say that David was an born in sin...because his father had sex with another woman not his wife...like the sin which he experienced.  Some would say that is why he was out with the sheep while the legitimate sons were in the house when the prophet came looking for a king.

David desired 6 things to take place as a result of the Lord's provision dealing with the T.S.I.:

1.  Create in me a clean heart O God
2.  Renew a steadfast spirit within me
3.  Do not cast me away from Thy presence
4.  Do not take Thy Holy Spirit  from me
5.  Restore to me the joy of Thy salvation
6.  Sustain in me a willing spirit

NOTE:  This Old Testament Saint...desired things that the God who sent His son to deal with his T.S.I....Jesus...D.B.R...Death, Burial, Resurrection...who deals with our SIN NATURE...and the SINS that we do as a result of the SIN NATURE.

FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY

You can either languish in your sins...and waste away and have your vitality drained...be condemned with blood guiltiness...OR...you can choose to return...and accept and receive what He has to offer you...FORGIVENESS and RESTORATION.  You can try to do it on your own by burnt offerings and sacrifices...OR...you can please Him (by faith Hebrews 11:6)...offer him (1) A broken heart (2 A contrite heart.  God does not despise these kinds of sacrifices...as a matter of face...it pleases Him.

Love and T.S.I. Free Kisses
Rodney "Trusting In What God Accepts" Boyd




Posted by Picasa