Monday, October 02, 2006

My Son

Greetings friends. I love my son. Phillip Stephen Boyd. I have seen him grow from a little baby....to a young man...and to be honest...it's hard to let him grow up. I have tried to be a good father...who tried to live out my faith before him with a passion. I have tried to be transparent so he can see that I am fallable...and when I fail...I run to my Father...the heavenly one.

Brenda and I love have tried to give him every opportunity to broaden his horizons so that he would not be limited to a myopic vision of the world. We have taken him to the garbage heaps of Mexico...to the jungles of Peru to the fantasy worlds of Disneyworld and Hawaii. We have his passport up to date and ready to go.

These are pictures of his last adventure that he took without us. He went with a church group to Biloxi Mississippi to help rebuild for those who needed a helping hand. It was his idea to go...and it really does not surprise me. He worked at a home Mission project in Smyrna called Wherry Housing for a few years. What makes us proud are the reports that we get back about the way that he works...his attitude...and his genuine heart of a servant. My heatbeat for him is that he will always have a tender spot in his heart for God...will always love his momma...and will always give his old man a kiss on the cheek. But most of all I want to see in his live I John 2:11-14 to be manifested in his growing up.
I JOHN 2:11-14: "I am writing to you, LITTLE CHILDREN , because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake. I am writing to you, FATHERS, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, YOUNG MEN, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, CHILDREN, because you know the Father. I have written to you, FATHERS, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, YOUNG MEN, because you are strong, and the Word of God abides in you, and you have over come the evil one."

Phillip is still in the process and progress of growth in his life...physically, mentally, and spiritually. He is at the YOUNG MAN stage in his life. He is faced with the same temptations...if not more intense...that I faced as a YOUNG MAN. I fully expect that the outcome in his life will be like it states in I John...
(1) His sins forgiven (2) He knows Him (3)He has overcome the evil one (3) He knows the Father (4) He is strong (5) The word of God abides in him (6) He has overcome the evil one again and again and again.

From child...to young man...to eventually father...Hey...that would make me a grandfather.

Love from the Old Man to the Young Man
Rodney Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks/sounds like you've done good raising your son!
Keep up the good work
Susan

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rodney and Brenda......I have to say Phillip is a handsome young man. He's so fortunate have you as his parents. I pray His blessings on all you do in your son's life. Pat

8:31 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

cheap uggs
true religion jeans
vikings jerseys
fitflop shoes
rolex replica
cheap ugg boots
cheap ugg boots
air jordan shoes
versace sunglasses
michael kors outlet clearance

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home