Friday, September 07, 2007

MORNING CONFESSIONS

Greetings those who take showers in the morning. There is nothing like getting rid of the cobwebs in your head...by letting the hot, steaming water of your shower...cascade down upon you...and then lathering up for a little rub-a-dub-dub action. There is just something invigorating about this morning ritual. My Canadian friend...Red...really gets to enjoy it in her newly remodeled bathroom. I saw a video of it...and it is NICE.

I like to utilize the shower time...for a little spiritual rub-a-dub-dub time. What a good time to get not only physically prepared and invigorated for the coming day...but also to get spiritually prepared and invigorated for the day.

The first picture (click on the picture for a large view)...are some MORNING CONFESSIONS that I typed out and had laminated...and taped to the tub in my bathroom. They are wonderful verses...that help me to regain my focus on who He is...and who I am in Him.

Now for those of you who are getting upset because...I am using my shower as a SANCTUARY...to meet with God...get over it. I have had some of my most intimate times behind closed doors and drawn shower curtains. There have been times...where I have FELT (and you can't go by feelings)...but yes... I have FELT the presences of God...more in my shower than in the confines of structural edifice that we call CHURCH.

DISCLAIMER: I really do like to go to the structural edifice..and I have also FELT his presence in these places also.

I like to take a verse...as the WATERS are cascading down around me... and PRAY them. For example..."Lord...September 7th...2007...is the day that you have made...and Lord...I choose to REJOICE...and to be GLAD in it (the day). Lord...I don't care what is going on around me on this day...but I choose to be glad..not sad." That is just an exampled. I may stop after I read the word REJOICE...and then stop...and actually start REJOICING over all He has done in my life.

I then go on to the next verse..."Blessed be the Lord...who DAILY bears my burdens." Hmmmmmmmm....Lord if you did it yesterday...when yesterday was a day...that means that today...you will bear my burdens again...because you said you would do it DAILY...not weekly...not monthly...not yearly...but DAILY. Believe me...I got some burdens that need to be bore...and He promises to bear them for me... DAILY.

I don't have to wait until I can go thorough an open door into a nice church like this one that is pictured. It is nice to do that...but I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT until Sunday or Wednesday rolls around...I can do it DAILY...in my SHOWER...because my God is PRESENT.

Our bodies are called the TEMPLE OF GOD. We are made up of body (the housing), the soul (the mind the will and emotions), and the spirit (the inner sanctuary where the Spirit of God dwells) (I Thessalonians 5:23)

Wherever we go...He is...if we are in Him and He is in us. Not only that but He is Omnipresent. If I really believe this...I can worship Him everywhere I am...and when you get a collective group of saints...with the same God dwelling in them...look out.


I encourage you...to transform you vehicles...into rolling sanctuaries and your showers in to confessional booths...and your homes into points of outreach into your "personal" worlds.

Type out some scriptures...that really have meaning for you...laminate them...and hang them in your showers...and have a rub-a-dub-dub good time in the Lord.

Love and Clean Kisses
Rodney "Showers of Blessings" Boyd

P.S.
Look out for the mercy drops
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home