Wednesday, July 14, 2010

HAPPY 38TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

GOD morning to one and all.

NOTE: Be sure to click on the collage to get the full view.

This morning...July 14th 2010...is the day of celebration that impacted my life forever. 38 years ago...on this day... July 14th 1972...I said I DO to Brenda Sue Williams and she said I DO to Rodney Lewis Boyd...and we became Mr. and Mrs. Rodney Boyd. WOW!!!

NOTE: For details of why we have been together for 41 years...see TOP TEN REASONS THAT WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR 41 YEARS.

We started dating 41 years ago at Central High School (Yes...High School Sweethearts). Our first date was at a bonfire for Homecoming and then splitting a large half hamburger...half mushroom pizza
from SIR PIZZA...that we only ate one or two slices from. NOTE: After my 40th high school reunion...we went to SIR PIZZA and devoured a large ROYAL FEAST.

We would go on double dates with Bruce Fortner (lead singer for the band I was in called The Blind Distortion...and son of the founder of Sir Pizza in TN). I was...and still am very shy...and I could not have a conversation with Brenda at the time...SO Bruce recommended that I talk about something I was interested in to start the conversation. At the time...the controversy about Paul McCartney being dead was aflame...and I knew all the clues...SO...when we picked Brenda up at her home on 4th avenue (the same driveway where she led me to the Lord and I got saved)...Bruce said..."Rodney...why don't you tell us about Paul McCartney being dead." I responded..."O.K. Bruce"...and reached around and pulled out a hand full of albums and began to lecture on the clues about Paul being dead. Brenda was enthralled over my vast Musicology knowledge...NOT!!! We also went to a homecoming dance (see the photographic evidence of this event)...where again Brenda was amazed at my dancing prowess...NOT!!!! Not unless you considered a skinny kid...shuffling his feet from side to side...snapping my fingers every now and then (however I was proficient as the slow dance. In the words of Tony Joe White in the song Swamp Rap...you can't get nuttin' done slinging your arms around.

Well...to make a long story short...OOPS...to late...we dated...I got saved...I went to Bible School in Chattanooga...I dropped out of Bible School...We got married....We got Baptized in/of/with the Holy Spirit...I backslide...I came back to the Lord......went to Miracle Baptist...attended New Life Chapel for 15 years...came to Smyrna Assembly of God...blessed with Phillip Stephen Boyd...went to Mexico, Peru (together)...went to Africa (2 times), Guatemala, went to War West Virginia (Brenda and a group)...went to school change majors multiple times...along with multiple jobs...Brenda started out working at Mr. D's and then became a dental assistant (working at an orthodontics office and was the first employee at what is now known as Wild About Smiles)...sold our house and moved into married student housing...and now...here we are 38 years +....still standing...still loving...still loving the Lord.

I would like to shout out to the world I STILL LOVE BRENDA...AFTER ALL THESE YEARS. I am a blessed man to have met a woman like Brenda...and on top of that...she saw something at me...that made her want to spend the rest of her life with me....in spite of my shortcomings... she ALWAYS saw potential in me...and has been a source of ENCOURAGEMENT to me.

Happy Anniversary Brenda

Love and Continued Kisses
Rodney "Blessed Indeed" Boyd

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home