Saturday, October 20, 2012

VISION ON DA VISION

 Greetings and Salutations O Ye Visionaries...have you got your eyes on the VISION?

So many times...I get a word from the Lord...via the Word of God or impression in my spirit (little s) or through a brother or sister in the Lord or even from just life events...and it impacts my life...but as time goes on...I tend to forget what has impressed me.  I lose my vision, my passion, my desire, my purpose...and find myself wandering around aimlessly...wondering why my life is in reverse mode versus...forward progress. This is true for my spiritual life, my physical life, my mental life, life in general.  I scratch my head and I wonder...why am I stuck in WILDERNESS MODE...circling around that same old mountain...around that same old bush...around that same old rock AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN?

There is a saying..."Out of SIGHT...out of MIND."  That is so true...if you don't keep your VISION (eyeballs) on your VISION (what God has given you)...you will lose SIGHT of what your are doing...why you are doing it...and even lose sight of WHERE you are in the process...and never know where you are in your journey. Eventually you will be making wrong turns...or even worse just giving up altogether.  That is why it is so important to (1) Write down the vision (2) Make it plain (3) Read it (4) Run with it   There is an appointed time..and though it tarries (you may not SEE it in the physical) but we are called to WAIT...because IT WILL SURELY COME.
 (Habakkuk 2:2-3)  Between Point A (the point of prayer/promise) and Point B (the point of provision/prayer answered) we do walk in what we call THE LAND OF NITTY GRITTY...where you have to walk by FAITH...and not by SIGHT. (Hebrews 11:6; II Corinthians 5:7)


It really does not matter how many glasses you have...if you don't have in-SIGHT...you are still just as blind.  It is like Jesus would say..."let him who has EARS to HEAR HEAR."  You could apply the same principle to the saying..."Let him has EYES to SEE...SEE."  It is like the difference between some one who had MENTAL ASSENT versus FAITH.  One is a cognizant thought process and accumulation of FACTS and the other has those facts drop down into their HEARTS (aka the "knower)...and they know that they know, that they know.

James wrote about this "loss of vision", and relates a spiritual truth to a natural event. as he speaks of the difference between hearers and doers.

"But prove yourselves DOERS of the Word, and not merely HEARERS who deludes themselves.  For if anyone is a HEARER of the Word and NOT a DOER of the Word, he is like a man who LOOKS at his natural face in a MIRROR, for once he has LOOKED at himself and GONE AWAY (took eyes of the image), he has IMMEDIATELY FORGOTTEN what kind of person he was. But he who LOOKS INTENTLY (keeps eyes on the image) at the PERFECT LAW (Word)...the law of liberty, and ABIDES by it, not having become a forgetful HEARER but and EFFECTUAL DOER, this man shall be BLESSED in WHAT HE DOES." (James 1:22-25)

These principles...of KEEPING YOUR VISION (eyesight) on the VISION (purposes in your life), applies from everything from goals of living a healthy life style, accomplishing a to do list for the day, to walking in a manner worthy of your calling.  If you DON'T RECORD the vision...if you don't(1) Write it down (2) Make it plain (3)  Read it (4) Run with it...you may be doing a lot of stuff and expending a lot of energy...but getting nothing accomplished and eventually get tired and give up. 

Paul speaks of this visionary tenacity in Philippians..."Not that I have already obtained it (the resurrection from the dead)...or have already become perfect (perfected)...but I PRESS ON in order that I may LAY HOLD of that for which I was LAID HOLD of by Christ Jesus.  Brethren I do not regard myself as having LAID HOLD of it YET...but one thing I do...forgetting what lies behind and REACHING FORWARD  to what lies ahead...I PRESS ON TOWARD THE GOAL FOR THE PRIZE OF THE UPWARD CALL OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS." (Philippians 3:12-14)

FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY

"Therefore...since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance, and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us RUN WITH ENDURANCE the race that is SET BEFORE US...FIXING OUR EYES ON JESUS...the author and perfecter of faith,who for the JOY SET BEFORE HIM...endured the cross...despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews 12:1-2)

Love and Visionary Kisses
Rodney "Keeping the EYE on the Prize" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home