Sunday, August 20, 2006

CORAZON DEL FUEGO (Secrets of the Heart)

Aaaaaaaaarg Matey....Avast ye landlubbers....Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of rum...X marks the spot as we look for buried treasure filled with gold doubloons and pieces of eight...15 men on a dead man's chest...Yo Ho, Yo Ho, the pirates life for me. Shades of Captain Jack Sparrow. You may be asking yourself...Self...Why all the pirate lingo? Well...it is just a way to proclaim that my name is on a bottle of hot sauce. That's right...my name is on a bottle of CAPTAIN RODNEY'S PIRATES GOLD HOT SAUCE. It would be enough that my name is on the hot sauce...but what really caught my eye was the story on the back of the bottle.
I love old pirate movies. they tend to romanticize the scruvy lot...but I love to see that old swashbuckler Errol Flynn yielding his sword and controlling an uruly lot of peg legs and eyepathes. He brings a Robin Hoodesque character to the scourges of the open sea. He could swing from the yardarms with the best.

One of my favorite pirate movies of all times was...and still is...the Crimson Pirate starring Burt Lancaster. Burt is a former circus acrobat before he became a movie star...and he does his own stunts in this movie. It is a funny...adventure filled flick. He is swinging around...turning flips...commanding his crew...all with the his trandmark smile.

Now back to the matter at hand...hot sauce.
Here is the tale found on the back of Captain Rodney's Pirate Gold Hot Sauce.

"For generations, explorers have searched for the CORAZON DEL FUEGO...the HEART OF FIRE. Captain Rodney has discovered the SECRETS OF THE HEART, and for a price, he might be willing to share them with you. Using the famous Jamacian Scotch Bonnet Pepper, and his own blend of spices, the Captain has captured and bottled teh very ESSENCE OF FIRE. Not a sauce for the faint of heart, only the bravest can enter the HEART OF FIRE...the CORAZON DEL FUEGO."
What are the odds...that the storyof a ot sauce would mirror the fact that I have REALLY discovered the SECRETS OF THE HEART. I really have captured...or more like it has captured me...THE ESSENCE OF FIRE. I want you to begin a journey with me...that will take us to the next Rambling where we will join two distraught followers of the Nazarene. We will be joining two travellers on the road to Emmaus...and see what we have in common with them...and the HEART OF FIRE. Next time we will truly learn the SECRET OF THE BURNING HEART...and how you can experience the ESSENCE of that FIRE for yourself.

For now...can anyone tell me what a Hogshead is in pirate lingo?

Love and Burning Kisses

Rod "Could You Call Me Captain" Boyd Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was so good. I love how you put the pictures in, I think I do prefer it to the Ramblings Via e-mail, just to see what pictures you've put in it.
Great

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home