Friday, November 23, 2007

FROM CHAOS TO ORDER

Happy Day After Thanksgiving. I hope you had a day to rest, relax, enjoy friends, over eat, repented for overeating, watched some football, sleep, eat some more food, made room for desert, reflected on the faithfulness of God as He has blessed you over the past year, and thanked Him in the hard times...knowing that He will get you through the hard times.

Sometimes when our lives appear to be OUT OF CONTROL.. in a CHAOTIC PRIMORDIAL SWIRLING BALL OF CONFUSION...we need to step back and realize that our lives are a series of TRANSITIONS...from CHAOS TO ORDER.

Yesterday I went out on my deck in the cold 45 degree weather...that came in on the coattails of rain and a cold front...that was in a shark contrast from the previous 70 degree weather. There was a transition.

As I stood on my deck I noted a tree that is behind the deck...that was so stark...so naked...so devoid of previous life...that it took me aback. I had to take a picture of it...and then looked at a previous picture where it was full of leaves, life, lack of nakedness. It dawned on me that this tree had entered into a dormant place from a place of activity. Even in the dormant place...this tree still has life. It has not died. It is in a new phase and transition in preparation for it to come back into full leaf... in the proper timing.

I then began to dwell upon my life. There are areas in my life...where it appears there are no leaves. Too the naked eye...there appears to be no life. There appears to be no order...only chaos. Things in my life are OUT OF MY CONTROL. Things are cold, devoid of activity, de-leafed in my life...and I don't like it. I had to admitted it...but I am a CONTROL FREAK...when it comes to things in my life.

I have come to...and am still coming to...a place in my life where I have to take a cue from The United State government's stance on separation of church and state (which is really a misnomer since there is NO separation of church and state). That government stamp of approval is simply this....IN GOD WE TRUST. We may worship what those 4 words are printed on...our money...but it is still a fact...IN GOD ROD TRUSTS.

Oh I don't act like all the time...but no matter how the leaves looks..or doesn't look on my tree...IN GOD I TRUST.


When God was in the first baseball game mentioned in the Bible (In The Big Inning..aka beginning)...God (along with the Holy Spirit and Jesus)...took something that was formless and void...waste and emptiness...CHAOTIC...and CREATED...ORDER. There was a darkness over the surface of the deep...much like the cold, dark, leafless tree in my back yard. The creative process did not balk at the impossibility...by God CALLED THINGS THAT ARE NOT AS THOUGH THEY WERE (Romans 4:17). God took a thought...and used WORDS...and SPOKE...not what there was...but what He WANTED.


"In the beginning god created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep; and the Spirit of God was MOVING over the surface of the waters. Then God SAID, Let there be light (LIGHT BE)...and there WAS LIGHT (cause and effect).

When Jesus was walking back to Jerusalem to cause a little trouble in the temple (Read Mark 11:1-33)...
He saw a fig tree that was in leaf...so he went over to see if it had any figs on it...because he BECAME HUNGRY. When He saw it did not have any figs...just leaves...he used the tree as an object lesson...and spoke a curse on the tree and said, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again.!" He then went on to Jerusalem...and dealt with robbers...by turning over the source of their thievery. His posse returned back to Bethany...and passed by the fruitless fig tree (some say an analogy to the fruitless religious people)...and His boys were amazed. Peter piped up (he was always piping)...and reminded Jesus (as if Jesus had forgotten)..."Rabbi, behold, the fig tree which You cursed has withered." Jesus response to "THEM" (not just Peter)..."HAVE FAITH IN GOD."

Jesus then began to teach on PRAYER AND FAITH..."Truly I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN (the one that they could see), Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is GOING TO HAPPEN (there may be a time lapse like the fig tree), it SHALL BE GRANTED HIM. Therefore (refers back to what you just read)...I say to you, all things for which you PRAY and ASK...BELIEVE that you HAVE RECEIVED (even when it looks like there are no leaves...or there is no answer to be seen), and they SHALL BE GRANTED YOU." (Mark 11:12-24)

No matter how bleak it looks...no matter how fruitless the moment may be...no matter how CHAOTIC you life may be...pull out your Bible...or at least pull out your DOLLAR BILL...and say HAVE FAITH IN GOD...IN GOD I TRUST.

As the season go from SPRING...where things are in full bloom...to SUMMER...where things get hot...to
AUTUMN...where the leaves start to fall...to WINTER...where there is bleakness and cold...focus on the GOD OF THE SEASONS.

Wait a minute...is that a glimmer of light I see in the darkness swirling?

Love and Warm and Toasty Kisses
Rodney "devil...make like a tree and leaf" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home