Saturday, July 17, 2010

THE FORMULA FOR LIFE: V=P-O


Welcome O Ye Believers in the D.B.R...N.M.N.L.
(Death, Burial, Resurrection...Nothing More... Nothing Less).

In this sick and dying world (in spite of all of the technological, medical, quasi-spiritual advancements)...we sure could use a FORMULA FOR LIFE. Many moons ago...we heard of a formula for life...that sticks with me to this day. It was given to us by a biochemist who was a believer in the Death, Burial, Resurrection. The formula: V=P-O (Vitality) equals (Potential) minus (Obstructions). His premise was...it you could remove the obstruction in our blood system...that was blocking your potential...you could reach maximum vitality. More to follow on that premise.

Huey Lewis and the News sang about that in their hit...I WANT A NEW DRUG...

"I want a new drug...one that won't make me sick...one that won't make me crash my car...or make me feel three feet thick...I want a new drug...one that won't hurt my head...one that won't make my mouth too dry...or make my eyes to red...one that won't make me nervous...wondering what to do...one that makes me feel like I feel when I'm with you...When I'm alone with you...."

The song continues as Huey lists the things about this new drug that would not spill, cost too much, come in a pill, won't go away, keep him up all night, won't make him sleep all day, that does what it should, won't make him feel too bad, won't make him feel too good, one with no doubt, one that won't make him talk too much...or make his face break out. OH IF SOMEONE COULD COME UP WITH A FORMULA...TO DEVELOP A DRUG...THAT WOULD GIVE US ALL THAT WE WANTED OR NEEDED.

Of course the problem with mankind mixing chemicals together to help alleviate pain and suffering in the world... is that nothing...can chemically touch our spirits and souls. We may help the body with a pill...or may not...but nothing can fill the emptiness of our voided God space deep within us.

Jerry Lewis in one of my favorite movies...THE NUTTY PROFESSOR...tried to mix an elixir that would take him from being a nerdish professor and ended up with his altar ego...Buddy Love...in a Jekyll and Hyde comedic experience. What started out as a noble scientific effort...resulted in tragic consequences.

I am reminded that I am always trying to come up with ways to bypass God's formula for my life...to make things easier...more palatable...where I can continue to do the things I do..(good, bad and ugly)...and not have to turn to God. The results are the same as The Nutty Professor's...but not as comedic.


VITALITY (God's Abundant Life) equals (=) POTENTIAL (What I can be in Him) minus (-) OBSTRUCTIONS (Sin).
For this formula to work...you must realize:
1-There is none righteous...no not one: (Romans 3:10)
2-All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God:
(Romans 3:23)
3-The wages of sin is death: (Romans 6:23)
4-It is appointed for men to die once...but after this judgement
(Hebrews 9:27)
5-Just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned (Romans 5:12)
6-The free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus (Romans 6:23)
7-Death, Burial, Resurrection (I Corinthians 15:1-5)
8-Confess, Believe, Be Saved (Romans 10:8-10)

9-God demonstrated His love toward us...in that while we were YET/STILL sinners...CHRIST DIED FOR US...as we are justified (just as if I'd never sinned) by His BLOOD...we are SAVED from wrath...through Him (Jesus) (Romans 5:8-9)
10-This salvation is not on the BASIS of DEEDS/WORKS that we do...but all that HE DID. (Titus 3:5/Ephesians 2:8-10/I Peter 3:18/II Corinthians 5:14-15)
11-When you are IN CHRIST you are NEW CREATIONS...OLD THINGS PASSED AWAY... BEHOLD NEW THINGS HAVE COME (II Corinthians 5:17)
12-IN CHRIST...you go from...there is none righteous not not one...to being THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST...IN GOD. (II Corinthians 5:21)

FINAL THOUGHTS...FINALLY...NO REALLY...FINALLY.
If we are satisfied with this life...and the man-made formula's that we concoct...the nothing I have said makes any sense...BUT...if we are really searching...and can't make it on our own...I have got the formula for you...D.B.R...N.M.N.L....DEATH (in our place)...BURIAL..and His RESURRECTION...NOTHING MORE...NOTHING LESS.
Love and Nutty Professor Kisses
Rodney "Minus Obstructions of Sin by The Cross" Boyd

Labels: , , ,