Saturday, December 16, 2006

THE CALIBRATION CONNECTION

Greetings Oh Ye Calibrated Ones...how's your settings.

CALIBRATE: (1) To ascertain the caliber of (2) to determine, rectify, or mark the graduations of (as a thermometer tube) (3) to standardize (as a measuring instrument) by determining the DEVIATION from a STANDARD so as to ASCERTAIN the proper CORRECTION factors (4) to ADJUST precisely for a particular FUNCTION (5) to measure precisely; especially: to measure against a STANDARD

CALIBRATION: (1) the act of calibrating (2) the state of being of being calibrated (3) a set of graduations to indicate value or positions.

Have you been SPIRITUALLY CALIBRATED lately? As we walk out this thing we call FAITH...sometimes we find ourselves getting off the path. Sometimes we slowly drift away from our faith as we slowly become accustomed to the old ways of our lives. We don't realize it is happening but we tend to let our guard down...and before we know it...we are back in the same mess of a life than before we were Christians. Readers of the Ramblings....know well the trials and tribulations of ole Rod...who ended up in a worse condition before I was a Christian. I did not wake up one day...and say to myself..."Rod...I think today...I will ruin my life. Rod.. today is the first day of the rest of my life...so I think I want the rest of my life to suck. Rod...I remember how much fun it was to be so out of control of my life...that my friends would pee in my toilet...while my head was in it and let me continue to puke in the toilet while they did not flush." No it was not an immediate thing...this FAITH FAILURE...that happened to me in 1972...just two years after my life changing salvation experience. It was a gradual process. It is like cooking a frog. I was walking out FROG FAITH. If you want to cook a frog...DO NOT drop a live frog into a bubbling, boiling, hot pot of water. WHY? Because the frog will hop immediately out of the DEATH POT. What you need to DO is to put the frog in nice, comfortable cold water...let him acclimate...and then slowly turn up the heat...and before he realizes that he is FROG STEW....he becomes an entree at the New Orleans manner...hmmm taste like chicken.

The same thing for the Christian. It is as it says in the Song of Solomon... the little foxes that spoils the vineyard. It is like Jill Coble...one of the Chief Ruminators...when she was slowly edging down to the edge of the Amazon River...to join us for a swim...and as she got closer to the edge... the slippier it got...and she was in the Amazon with the rest of us pirannahs before we knew it.

What is the dividing line between FAITH... and FAILURE for the believer?

THE CALIBRATION CONNECTION. We need to consistently take our SPIRITUAL TEMPERATURE...to see if we are up to the STANDARD. There are companies in the world that make big bucks...making sure equipment is up to standard. They provide in-house laboratories where PRIMARY and WORKING STANDARDS are ROUTINELY MAINTAINED. I must say that I do not ROUTIENLY MAINTAIN my walk with the Lord like I need.

The scope of CALIBRATION SERVICES provideds CERTIFIED CALIBRATION for the following categories of electronic test and measurement equipment: amplifiers, attntuators, audio analyzers, avionics test equipment, communications service monitors, counters, logic analyzers, meters, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, power meters, power supplies, signal generators, spectrum analyzers, thermometers.

A certificate of calibration is provided with each calibration.

In the next few Ramblings...we will take a look at what we can utilize for our SPIRITUAL CALIBRATION SERVICES...so that we can become certified.

Love and Kisses
Rod "Some Say Truly Certifiable" Boyd

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home