Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I DID IT MY WAY...OOPS!!!!

Greetings Oh Ye Independent beings. We love our INDEPENDENCE. We love it so much...we even make DECLARATIONS of it. We view DEPENDENCY on anything or anybody as a point of WEAKNESS. We believe that the excuses that people use for dependency on anything or anybody...is using a crutch. We believe in the survival of the fittest...and that the weak ones will be weeded out...and we will EVOLVE into a planet of SUPERMEN AND WOMEN...who are STRONG...and INDEPENDENT. In nature we see...that if a baby chick...begins to spread out within the confines of a shell...the chick will begin to peck on the shell. It is a struggle...as the chick breaks through. Did you know that if you circumvent the struggle to be free...the chick will never develop the muscles to survive. If you go ahead and crack open the shell before the chick is ready...the chick will die. The chick has to do it MY WAY...or die. The word talks about...the kingdom of God suffering violence and violent men taking it by FORCE. We are also told that we enter into the kingdom by much tribulation. Trials come to test our faith...and we come out the other side stronger...ready to minister to others by the struggles that we overcame by faith.

Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley were known as the dream team back in the early 60's. They had a few things in common. Both were teen idols...girls would scream and swoon at both...both were singers, both had money, both had fame and fortune...and both sang the song MY WAY. When Elvis came home from his stint in the army...Timex had a special with Mr. Elvis the Pelvis and Mr. Ring-A-Ding-
Ding. Elvis sang Fame and Fortune, Stuck on You, and a duet with Frank...a combination of Love Me Tender and Witchcraft. This was great T.V.

Elvis was being transformed from a rocker to a crooner (what he really wanted to be in the first place.) Frank went on to be the king of Vegas...and Elvis took the crown in the late 60's and 70's. NOTE: There is a special on T.V. tonight at 8:00 Central Standard Time about Elvis and Las Vegas.

Both of these guys did it THEIR WAY.

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
My friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full
I've traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I DID IT MY WAY.


Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this
I DID IT MY WAY


You know...I can sit back and judge Frankie and Elvis...shake my head...and point my religious finger at them...and cluck my tongue...tsk, tsk, tsk...BUT I am no better than them. I find myself...more often than not...trying to do it MY WAY. I know what God's way says...but I believe that I am like FORD...I have a BETTER IDEA.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
AND DID IT MY WAY

For what is a man...what has he got?
If not HIMSELF, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels
And not the words of ONE WHO KNEELS
The record shows...I took the blows
AND DID IT MY WAY

The Word of God is very specific about MY WAY. "There is a way which seems RIGHT to a man...but its end is the WAY OF DEATH/DESTRUCTION." (Proverbs 16:25)

NOTE: My way...seems like the right way...at least to me...at the time...but over and over again...I have found that my way...versus HIS WAY...ends up null and void.

"PRIDE goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before STUMBLING." (Proverbs 16:18)

NOTE: Elvis sang...I Slipped, I Stumbled, I Fell in the movie Wild In The Country. I find myself stumbling quite often as I pridefully do it my way...versus...HIS WAY.


"You younger men...likewise...be subject to your elders; and all of you, clothe yourselves with HUMILITY toward one another...for GOD IS OPPOSED to the PROUD...but gives GRACE to the HUMBLE. Humble yourselves...therefore...under the mighty hand of God...that he may EXALT you at the PROPER TIME...casting all of your anxiety on Him , because He cares for you." (I Peter 5:5-7)

NOTE: So many times...I feel as if God is against me...but I am coming to realize that He is not against me personally...as much as He is against my pride. My pride...my way...my anxiety...is met with resistance...but when I YIELD my will to HIS WILL...I find grace...favor...free gift...divine influence in my heart, manifested in my life. I choose to humble myself...He chooses to lift me up at the PROPER TIME.. and timing is everything. When I don't do it HIS WAY...I am anxious. When I humble myself...I can cast my anxieties on Him...because...HE CARES FOR ME.

Well...I'm glad I got MY WAY off of my chest..again. Thanks for listening.

Love and His Way Kisses
Rodney "Lord Help Me" Boyd
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home