Monday, July 19, 2010

THIS IS FOR ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE

Greetings to all the LONELY and non-LONELY people of the world.

No...this is not a picture of a new singing group called Bruce Coble and The Temptation Resisters. It is a picture of four Kenyans who are encouraged by a visit from Bruce. Bruce has lead many people to many countries (including in town and in the U.S.A.) to encourage people who are in isolated places. Missionaries... can be lonely and isolated in their ministry...and just to have someone come (the journey is part of the gift) and break the rut of loneliness...can really uplift them.

LONELY: (1) affected with characterized by or causing depressing feeling of being alone, lonesome (2) destitute of sympathetic or friendly companionship, support, etc. (3) lone, solitary; without company, companion less (4) remote from places of human habitation, desolate, unfrequented (5) standing apart; isolated.

People can be lonely in a crowd...or lonely by themselves. This thing called loneliness is not limited to economic, social, racial, gender, or religion.

When I went to Kenya Africa...in Kisumu in the Suba district...on the shore of Lake Victoria...God spoke to me some things that impacted my life on my return to America.

1. People Need The Lord: Over and over and over and over again...I kept hearing this song in my head...especially the line..."People Need The Lord...." It was a song that I originally heard on a 700 Club commercial with Danibelle Hall singing... about people who needed the Lord. Steve Green also recorded this song. I would be in the middle of throngs of people or by myself...and that song would come come into my head...and tears would well up in my eyes. I tried to brush away the tears throughout the trip...but they would return.

NOTE: Loneliness...can be in isolation...or in the middle of a crowded room...in your family...in a mega-church...or in a home church...with one person...or in the 7 billion people of the world.
People attempt to fill in the loneliness with more people...with drugs, alcohol, laughter, a hard shell exterior not letting anyone in, religion, intellectualism, hedonism, multiple sex partners, etc...but they always come up empty after the laughter dies down...after the drugs, sex, drinks expreience wears off...after you sober up...in your body and your mind...and you are still left with loneliness.

2. Teach the FULL COUNSEL OF THE LORD: I was taken aback by these words...because I barely was able to teach what I knew. I was not even sure that I knew what the "full counsel" was. When Paul was exhorting the Ephesian Elders...he said..."For I have note shunned to declare to you THE WHOLE/FULL COUNSEL OF THE LORD." (Acts 20:27) At this point...this is what I believe the Lord is wanting me to teach:

a. Be born again (John 3:3-5)
b. The Baptism in/of/with the Holy Spirit (Luke 11:13)
c. Put on God's armor (Ephesians 6:11-17)
d. As for and receive the fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
e. Witness to God and minister to others as you receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit
(Romans 12:3-9; I Corinthians 12:7-10; I Peter 4:10)
f. Learn and practice the principle of the Kingdom of God.

Of course...the words PEOPLE NEED THE LORD...is the reason for taking the teaching up a notch. NOTE TO THE NOTE: You can wear yourself out...burn yourself out...expend yourself to where you are no good to anyone. David Wilkerson (The Cross and The Switchblade) found himself in this condition...until the Lord spoke to him..."The people's needs do not have a call on your life...I do." Pray...and do what God tells you to do...one person at a time.

3-At one point...we were in a small aircraft...flying low over the land...and again PEOPLE NEED THE LORD was reverberating in my heart...as I was looking out the window. We were low enough to see the forms of the people and the animals...the details of the huts and houses...the fences...the water...and I noticed that there were patches of green lushness...and large patches of dried, brown land. As I was taking all of this in...I felt impressed by the Lord that...this was the condition of the physical land of Africa. And then I was swept away with the thought that...this was the condition of the hearts of the people of Africa. Some were lonely, dried up, in famine and drought conditions...while others were flourishing in their spirits with their relationships with the Lord. Then I sensed that this was the condition of the world at large (including America). As this was unfolding before me...I was agreeing with the Lord..."Yes, Lord...I see this...I agree with this...yes...THEY need the Lord." The kicker was...and Rodney...this is your condition also. There are areas in your life...that are lush, wet, growing in Me...but there are also areas of dried, brown, desolate areas...that I want to touch in you...so others will be watered....and revived. NOTE: A lot of this has unfolded to me over the years.


Back in the 70's...there was a group called America...who had big hits...Ventura Highway, A Horse With No Name...and LONELY PEOPLE. Dan Peek (third person on the right on the album cover)...dropped out of the band because he could not take the drug use and lifestyle...and returned to his Christian roots. Dan took the song Lonely People (that he originally wrote with his wife Catherine)...and slightly changed the words. It already sang like a Christian song...but with the rewrite...it expressed more his faith.

LONELY PEOPLE
This is for all the lonely people
Thinking life has passed them by
Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup
And GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS CHRIST

Well, He's coming back someday
He's coming back to take us home

NOTE: The line was..."and ride that highway to the sky."

In 1966...The Beatles released an album called Revolver. One of the songs on the album was an unusual song called ELEANOR RIGBY. What made the song unusual was the fact that none of the Beatles played instruments on this song...and it had a double string quartet accompanying Paul singing lead...and John and George singing harmonies.

ELEANOR RIGBY

Ah...look at all the lonely people
Ah...look at all the lonely people

All the lonely people...where do they all come from
All the lonely people...where to they all belong

Between these to sets of words...was the story of Eleanor Rigby and Father McKenzie...each with loneliness being their connection.

PEOPLE NEED THE LORD.

The current population of the world is over 7 Billion people. Over 7 Billion PEOPLE need the Lord.

FINAL THOUGHTS FINALLY...

Everyone that is reading this Ruminator Rambling...either is lonely, has been lonely, gonna be lonely...or knows someone who is lonely. This thing called loneliness is either self inflicted as we isolate ourselves from people, or separated from people by circumstances/situations, or isolated from people by satanic schemes as the devil cuts off people from people in order to confuse, discourage, and overwhelm them with a sense of hopelessness.

"A man who isolates himself...seeks his own desire...." (Pro-Verbs 18:1)

"And the Lord said...It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him." (Genesis 2:18)

"And let us consider one another in order to provoke/stir up love and good works...not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together as in the manner of some, but exhorting one another and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:23-24)

"Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said...I will never leave you nor forsake you...SO we may boldly say...The Lord is my HELPER I will not fear. What can man do to me?" (Hebrews 13:5-6)

Hey...PEOPLE NEED THE LORD. If you are lonely...find someone else is lonely.

"Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask it will be done for them by My Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19)

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name...I am there in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20)

"Two are better than one...because they have a good rewarded for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls...for he has no one to help him up. Again, if two lie down together, they will keep warm...but how can one be warm alone? Though one may be overpowered by another, two can withstand him. And a threefold cord is not quickly broken." (Ecclesiastes 4:9-12)

PEOPLE NEED THE LORD...and you may be the one who can break the cycle of loneliness in someones life.

Love and Lonely No More Kisses
Rodney "Two Or Three" Boyd

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home