Monday, October 09, 2006

THE FINAL BENEFIT: The Satisfaction Factor

Howdy...all you who are weary and looking for a little SATISFACTION. Poor Mick Jagger and the boys...lament about how they CAN'T GET NO...SATISFACTION. Many people...after they have persisted in doing it THEIR WAY...and make a complete mess of something...have heard the disgusted phrase..."Well... are you SATISFIED NOW!?

Our quest for satisfaction leads to many unsatisfying conclusions. Just last night...I ate stood at the refrigerator...staring into it...like I had done 5 times before in a 30 minute period. I finally settled on something to eat...but after I ate it...I was not SATISFIED...I wanted something else but I could not put my finger on it. I want something GOOD...you know a GOOD THING.

One of my favorite bands...Paul Revere and the Raiders had a big hit with their song GOOD THING. When you combine that song with KICKS.. and it just "don't get no better." (Bad English...Good Description).

SATISFACTION: (1) A satisfying or being satisfied.

SATISFY: (1) To fulfill the needs, expectations, wishes or desires of someone; content; gratify.

BENEFIT #5: Who SATISFIES your years (desire) with GOOD THINGS, so that your YOUTH is RENEWED like the EAGLE. It's the simple things that I am finding that bring satisfaction. Watching Brenda take joy in measuring the growth of my son Phillip and marking it on the doorway. We have marks from his first birthday up to 17 years old. Eating crawfish with my boy...meeting Phil Keaggy and giving him an old amp that I never use and he repairs and begins to use...friends...finally learning a kata...bringing pleasure to someone...IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS that leaves me with SATISFACTION. But as good as those feelings of satisfaction are in my life...sometimes we get weary. One of the benefits is to SATISFY our years (I have 55 under my belt now)...with GOOD THINGS. The word of God is filled with GOOD THINGS. Salvation, intimacy with Him, gifts of the Spirit, fruit of the Spirit, healing, deliverance, blessing, etc,. GOOD THINGS.

The CAUSE and EFFECT of this satisfaction...this benefit...for my years and desires...is that my youth...even at 55 is RENEWED...made fresh again...like an EAGLE. When the winds blow and the eagle spreads out those magnificent wings...and they begin to soar without flapping those wings....it is inspirational. I am wearing myself out...flapping my wings like crazy...trying to go against the wind...when all the while God wants to satisfy my desires....by simply going with the current of the Spirit.

Psalm 37:4 says for me to DELIGHT myself in the Lord and He will give me the DESIRES OF MY HEART. That word delight means to make myself PLIABLE...yielding my will to Him. The idea is that he will give...or plant in me desires....and then will bring about those desires in my life. NOW...that's SATISFACTION.

The Rolling Stones may not be able to get satisfaction...and Paul Revere and the Raiders sing about those good things...but with the BENEFITS package...I am one satisfied man.

Bless the Lord...O My soul...and all that is within me...bless His Holy name...Bless the Lord, O my soul...and forget NONE (no not one) of His BENEFITS. (Psalm 103:1,2)

I hope you enjoyed this series...I know I sure did need to hear it.

Love and Benevolent Kisses
Rodney "A Satisfied Mind" Boyd Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rodney, all I can say is that I was so blessed in 1970 to have met you and Brenda....Pat (Champion)

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home