Friday, October 13, 2006

THE NUMBER YOU HAVE REACHED IS NOT IN SERVICE.....

GREETINGS PHONE PHANS...are you connected or disconnected? If you don't have a cell phone...you just ain't happening. Years ago...someone took this snapshot of Cute Little Rodney (not my estimation of my cuteness...but my Canadian friend Red's accurate viewpoint)...making a phone call to someone. The ironic thing about this phone picture...is that my lovely wife of 35 years had a similar photo taken of her talking on the phone...so in essence we had a connection all those years ago...and we did finally make a connections.

One ringy dingy...two ringy dingies...snort,snort...is this the party with whom I am talking? Lily Tomlin made a career out of this phone routine. I remember going to Africa...and taking note..that one of the most high visibility businesses in Africa...was cell phones. We were in the middle of no where... and someone would pull out a cell phone.
One of the most bizzare phone things that I experienced was at a funeral...where there was a funeral wreath...much like to one you see here...with a banner across it...and a plastic pink phone attached to the wreath...and the words...JESUS CALLED written in glitter. YIKES!?!?!? I do believe that I would check out the Caller I.D. before I answered that call. That one crazy wreath... put the FUN back in FUNeral for me.
All kidding aside. The invention of the phone opened up the lines of communication for the world. I have found over the past 36 years since I have become a Christian...that God truly wants to communicate with me. He has put into place a far superior phone system than anybody could imagine. Someone once said that God's phone number was JEREMIAH 33:3, "CALL unto me...and I will ANSWER YOU." It has been said that when you CALL upon God from America to Heaven...it is a LONG DISTANCE CALL....but when you PRAY from Jerusalem...it's a LOCAL CALL. The old gospel song...that had a resurgence in the 60's and 70's was JESUS ON THE MAINLINE...tell Him what you want...Why don't you CALL Him Up. The song continued with...If you want salvation..tell Him what you want, or if you want a healing...tell Him what you want...or if you want the Holy Ghost...tell Him what you want...Why don't you Call Him Up...Call Him up...tell Him what you want...Jesus on the Mainline Now. It is a private line...ain't no PARTY LINE...where people are listening in on your private stuff. He has one private line for you...and off course there is the RED PHONE...the HOT LINE...when trouble is coming on strong.

The bottom line is...that God wants some communication with you...and He wants it to be a dialouge versus a monolouge. "If you ABIDE in Me and My words ABIDE in you...ASK whatever you wish...and it SHALL BE DONE unto you." (John 15:7)

The commercial says...REACH OUT...and TOUCH SOMEONE. The Ralph Carmichael song implores...REACH OUT TO JESUS...He's REACHING OUT TO YOU.

Are you disconneted...is your service not in order....The Holy Ghost Telephone Repairman...has fixed the problem...No more dropped calls... no static on the line.

Love and Ringy Dingy Kisses
Rodney "Smooth Operator" Boyd Posted by Picasa