Tuesday, October 17, 2006

POWER SURGE

Greetings Power Rangers. Back in the 1950's...I would sit in front of my black and white T.V. with a glass of chocolaty Ovaltine and watch someone who was more POWERFUL than a locomotive. That's right....SUPERMAN! He had POWERS far beyond those of mortal men. What kid didn't put on a towel as a cape and hop on their bicycles and pretend that you were flying like Superman? I even took it a step further...by putting on a tee shirt with the Superman emblem drawn out in my mother's lipstick...towel on...and then put my clothes on over all of this outfit. Then I would have a friend down the street call out for help...and then I would run behind a shed at my house...take off my glasses (of course I had to put them back on because I couldn't see)....take off my clothes to reveal SUPERROD. I would then hop on my bicycle and fly to rescue my friend. This was just last week...but I'm doing fine in therapy.

An atomic blast...evokes fear or awe...depending on where you are viewing the POWERFUL blast. Again in the 1950's...I remember very well the threat of attacks by this POWERFUL FORCE... as we would practice at school by hearing an alarm and then get under our wooden desks for the ultimate protection against an atomic blast. Hmmm this appears to be a rock, paper, scissors deal...where wooden desk loses to atomic bomb.

In the English language we have a word that describes the force that we are talking about....POWER. In the Greek language it is broken down a little more than just one word.

POWERWORDS

1. Dunamis: dynamic ability
words like DYNAMITE are derived from this. Acts 1:8 states to the believer in Jesus that..."You shall receive DUNAMIS when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall BE my witnesses both in Jerusallem and in all Judea and Samaria and even to the remotest part of the earth." The promise is for POWER, for DYNAMIC, EXPLOSIVE ABILITY to be witnessess.

Another word for POWER is EXOUSIA.

Exousia: Freedom of action, right to act, absolute, unrestricted, delegated authority.

Where DUNAMIS POWER is the muscle...the dynamic ability to carry out what needs to be done....EXOUSIA POWER is the delagated authority...that backs up the DUNAMIS. Chuck Norris...as Walker Texas Ranger...has the DYNAMIC ABILITY with his gun and kicks...but he has the BADGE...the AUTHORITY to back it up. There is a statue in the capital of Texas...of a Texas Ranger with the inscription...ONE RIOT... ONE RANGER. Now...that speaks of EXOUSIA and DUNAMIS.

When an officer of the law...proclaims STOP in the name of the Law...he is wearing a badge...that is symbolic of what is backing up his RIGHT to make that statement. In government...that backing goes all the way to the OVAL OFFICE...where the buck stops. In our spiritual walk...our RIGHT to proclaim to the devil...to our flesh...is backed up all the way into the FOURSQUARE OFFICE...the throne room itself. On the earth it is the PRESIDENT...in heaven it is GOD THE FATHER.

When we pray the Lord's Prayer (Jesus' teaching tool about how to pray) we see that we need to be praying that THY WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. In HEAVEN is the genesis of delegate authority and on earth is where the dynamic ability is demonstrated.

Other words for POWER includes: (1) ischus: ability, force, strength
(2) kratos: force, strength, might, manifested power, dominion
(3) dunation: powerful, able (4) arche: a beginning rule
(5) energes: in work, energetic, effectual, powerful

The bottom line is...that we can do a lot in our OWN POWER...but to accomplish the purposes of God...there must be the synergistic quality of POWER...where you combine thatEXOUSIA...with...DUNAMIS...and then stand back and see what the Lord can do through a CLAY VESSLE. We begin to realize that God has chosen to use weak vessels to manifest His POWER. One problem arises...when we willingly SIN...we reliquish the EXOUSIA...as our badge is taken away. We can have that power restored when we confess...repent...and walk forgiven.

Love and Explosive Kisses
Rod "Boom-Boom" Boyd Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Benny said...

The cap construction was honestly a bit too large however the lace was super soft. I highly recommend the lace wigs uk it's beautiful and almost very natural. My natural lace wigs uk is pretty silky and to the middle of my back so braids don't last too long however the Combs in my hair did not slip or budge which is a plus as well. Completely in awe. I was hesitant at first about purchasing a wig from net, so i spent about 3 weeks browsing reviews. I contacted the seller and had a response the first day. I received the human hair wigs uk yesterday and am in love. Ive been an avid wig wearer for over 3 years and this is by first my favorite. Not to mention my brazilian hair. I bleached the knots using a 30 developer. I recommend a 20 or limit the processing time with the 30.

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home